B2 - F1 visa transfe

sirikak

Hi,

I am from India and currently in the US on B2 visa. I would like to do a course that is starting in May 2014. Can I get a transfer from B2 to F1 visa to be able to do the course or should I go to India to get F1 visa stamped. The reason I am looking for a visa transfer is because the course starts in May and I am already in the US.

I have my 8 months old baby with me. How long will it take for him to get an F2 visa.

Any help on the process/information to transfer from B2 to F1 visa and how long it would take will be appreciated.

Hi,

I am from India and currently in the US on B2 visa. I would like to do a course that is starting in May 2014. Can I get a transfer from B2 to F1 visa to be able to do the course or should I go to India to get F1 visa stamped. The reason I am looking for a visa transfer is because the course starts in May and I am already in the US.

I have my 8 months old baby with me. How long will it take for him to get an F2 visa.

Any help on the process/information to transfer from B2 to F1 visa and how long it would take will be appreciated.

Have you got admission to the program? What type of course is this? Change of status would normally take 3 to 4 months. You would need to exit US and enter with a valid F1 visa for you and an F2 visa for your baby.

Hi,

My name is Mustafa, Me and My wife have a B1/B2 Visa, I would like to change my and my spouse visa status and want to study in USA in a degree or diploma course, I have 2 dependents, and they do not have the visa, while staying in the US can i obtain a I-20 and change my status from B1 to student and what will be the procedure to call my childrens?

Regards,

Mustafa

Hi,

My name is Mustafa, Me and My wife have a B1/B2 Visa, I would like to change my and my spouse visa status and want to study in USA in a degree or diploma course, I have 2 dependents, and they do not have the visa, while staying in the US can i obtain a I-20 and change my status from B1 to student and what will be the procedure to call my childrens?

Regards,

Mustafa

Go to home country and enter with a valid F1 visa. Look at the following post. Are you prepared to face trouble in future?

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/73917-my-supose-f2-visa-rejected/

Do you have the B visa with reason as potential student . If you entered for tourism purpose and now changed your mind to study, it is better to exit the country, go to home country and apply for a visa. At my school DSO would scrutinize such cases and sometimes refuse I20 for change of status and issue I20 only for visa/entry. Also you will have a quicker F1 status this way as opposed to waiting 3 months and then living in fear about potential visa interview whenever you have to travel.

Do come back and update us whatever you decide:)

Archived