Ms Su of TVU found guilty

JoeF

The article in the Mercury News also says that Mrs. Su was taken in custody.

The sentencing is scheduled for June 20.

The article also has a paragraph about Jerry Wang of the fraud starting with H, where Mrs. Su worked before she started her own fraud. My Wang's trial currently is scheduled for July, although according to court documents, this is likely to change, because his lawyer is out of town in July.

I hope the government now starts getting the last fraud of the infamous 4, the one starting with I, off the map.

I hope the government now starts getting the last fraud of the infamous 4, the one starting with I, off the map.

U mean ***, I heard *** is accridated???? whats the rest of them?

That one institution in San Jose starting with I is accredited, but still continues to abuse CPT. That means there likely is an ICE visit in their future, and people should stay away from that fraud.

The one infamous fraud institution in Virginia, which got raided in Summer 2011, got shut down by the state there last July. They briefly tried to relocate to South Dakota, but the authorities there started investigating, and the fraudsters quickly left again...

That was recently accridated. But it still abuses CPT program, moreover getting accredited doesn't clear the old fraud activities.

What you mean "still abuses CPT program" I was Checking online It mentioned people discussed about this school (San Jose one) in the forums and boards, but no complaints or actions was filed on this school.

If it is doing any fraud why didnt ICE took care of it when they are grilling Trivally school. Care to explain?

I am new to these forum I did my grad in Gorgia, I am applying for H1 thats why fallowing these forums.

Thanks

What you mean "still abuses CPT program" I was Checking online It mentioned people discussed about this school (San Jose one) in the forums and boards, but no complaints or actions was filed on this school.

If it is doing any fraud why didnt ICE took care of it when they are grilling Trivally school. Care to explain?

It takes some time to get enough evidence to take any action. 

I am new to these forum I did my grad in Gorgia, I am applying for H1 thats why fallowing these forums.

Thanks

Their website spells out their CPT rules, and they are contrary to what the law says. Even if "nobody complains", they are investigating these fraudulent institutions.

The TVU case was a different case. Please learn about how the legal system works in the US. Each case stands on its own.

Even the TVU case took a lot of time. They had to collect evidence. And only when they have enough evidence that holds up in court, then they are filing a case against the institution's management.

And they don't tell anybody about the evidence until the case is filed.

The court documents in the TVU case, from the indictment in 2011 to the conviction, are publicly available, via a government website called PACER. Through the RECAP project, they are available for free at https://archive.org/details/gov.uscourts.cand.240094/

Similarly, for the case against Jerry Wang or Herg*, the court documents are at https://archive.org/details/gov.uscourts.cand.257411/

Both courtesy of yours truly. I have a PACER account, and paid for viewing these documents and into the RECAP project.

• 2 weeks later...

Their website spells out their CPT rules, and they are contrary to what the law says. Even if "nobody complains", they are investigating these fraudulent institutions.

The TVU case was a different case. Please learn about how the legal system works in the US. Each case stands on its own.

Even the TVU case took a lot of time. They had to collect evidence. And only when they have enough evidence that holds up in court, then they are filing a case against the institution's management.

And they don't tell anybody about the evidence until the case is filed.

The court documents in the TVU case, from the indictment in 2011 to the conviction, are publicly available, via a government website called PACER. Through the RECAP project, they are available for free at https://archive.org/details/gov.uscourts.cand.240094/

Similarly, for the case against Jerry Wang or Herg*, the court documents are at https://archive.org/details/gov.uscourts.cand.257411/

Both courtesy of yours truly. I have a PACER account, and paid for viewing these documents and into the RECAP project.

@JoeF thank you for your explanation.

So you guys saying this school will face wrath of ICE for the actions from the past? is this school continue doing this?

I checked their website I didn’t see any issue (I might have missed something don’t know). They offering the CPT for the students after submitting the offer letter from the company only right.

For example if the computer science student want to work on CPT and if he got a job in a software company he can compensate that towards his degree that is what the CPT means right? Because that’s what I did I am a student from Georgia Tech and  I got an internship in a good company in my 3rd sem and took CPT. It was counted towards my degree.

Are they doing anything different than that? That’s why I asked “Still abuses CPT program” means?

Thank you

Surya

@JoeF thank you for your explanation.

So you guys saying this school will face wrath of ICE for the actions from the past? is this school continue doing this?

I checked their website I didn’t see any issue (I might have missed something don’t know). They offering the CPT for the students after submitting the offer letter from the company only right.

For example if the computer science student want to work on CPT and if he got a job in a software company he can compensate that towards his degree that is what the CPT means right? Because that’s what I did I am a student from Georgia Tech and  I got an internship in a good company in my 3rd sem and took CPT. It was counted towards my degree.

Are they doing anything different than that? That’s why I asked “Still abuses CPT program” means?

Thank you

Surya

On the surface, their website seems to be ok. BUT, they hide the fraud stuff further down, e.g., in the individual program webpages, where they blatantly say that not all CPT time can be counted towards the degree, i.e., they are saying that their CPT is not part of the curriculum. Their only change from earlier is that they are hiding this a bit, apparently hoping that the authorities won't find it...

They are frauds, plain and simple. They haven't changed a bit.

Archived