cos from h4 to f1

siriusa

hi ,

I am currently on h4 , i want to change my status from h4 to f1. planning to join for masters in this fall 2014 (from aug). I have couple of questions.

1) Do we need a lawyer or can we do it by ourselves.

2) what documents are required to apply for COS from H4 to F1. ( check list for COS from H4to F1)

3) how many days it would take to change my status in current situation if i apply on april 1.

4) if in any case , i didnt get my f1 before i join , can i continue my studies on h4 ,will it effect my scholarships and part time job.

please reply as soon as possible

thanking you in advance.

hi ,

I am currently on h4 , i want to change my status from h4 to f1. planning to join for masters in this fall 2014 (from aug). I have couple of questions.

1) Do we need a lawyer or can we do it by ourselves.

2) what documents are required to apply for COS from H4 to F1. ( check list for COS from H4to F1)

3) how many days it would take to change my status in current situation if i apply on april 1.

4) if in any case , i didnt get my f1 before i join , can i continue my studies on h4 ,will it effect my scholarships and part time job.

please reply as soon as possible

thanking you in advance.

1. You can do it.

2. Since you do not know then take the help of an attorney.

3. 3 to 4 months based on current processing time.

4. Yes, you can join. But, are you eligible for scholarships with H4 status? You absolutely cannot work on H4 status.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

You can also check with college DSO, regarding mandatory supporting document. couple of them are listed below:

Pay the SEVIS fee,

fill Form I – 539,

Bank Statement/support documents for funding the education,

Passport /Visa/I-94 Copy

Address Proof – lease papers, Drivers license etc

You are not eligible for scholarships due to your H4 status.

Once you convert to F1, you will be.

couple of university also offers internships during First semester.

I hope this will help you.

All the best !

Archived