Can I attend H1B interview with unused F1 visa from India

kishorefeb28

Hi Experts,

This is Kishore, 
Recently i have applied for universities in USA for MS and i got i20's from 2 univ's, and i have prepared to attend F1 interview this APRIL(2014).
I was planning to travel to US in August 2014 for Fall semester.
I am working as a free lancer for a company in US as a part time, apart from my current job(3.5 years of Experience in SAP) in India.
Now the employer in US, said he will file me H1B in this April (2014) and he started the process too.

now am stuck with lot of queries like:
-wether i should go to F1 or wait till i knew the H1 lottery result.
-My F1 consultancy people says better go to F1 and get F1 visa stamped, then go to H1 stamping as vice-versa is not possible.
-If i have got through the lottery process, then while H1B stamping will they question me why you were applying H1B when u got F1 (un-used).
-Is it Legal to attend H1 when i have already got F1 visa(which i did not use).

Am running of out of time, Please help me with these queries.

Thank you 
Kishore.

Hi Experts,

This is Kishore, 

Recently i have applied for universities in USA for MS and i got i20's from 2 univ's, and i have prepared to attend F1 interview this APRIL(2014).

I was planning to travel to US in August 2014 for Fall semester.

I am working as a free lancer for a company in US as a part time, apart from my current job(3.5 years of Experience in SAP) in India.

Now the employer in US, said he will file me H1B in this April (2014) and he started the process too.

now am stuck with lot of queries like:

-wether i should go to F1 or wait till i knew the H1 lottery result.

-My F1 consultancy people says better go to F1 and get F1 visa stamped, then go to H1 stamping as vice-versa is not possible.

-If i have got through the lottery process, then while H1B stamping will they question me why you were applying H1B when u got F1 (un-used).

-Is it Legal to attend H1 when i have already got F1 visa(which i did not use).

Am running of out of time, Please help me with these queries.

Thank you 

Kishore.

1. Wait for lottery result.

2. Don't waste money. If picked in lottery employer can upgrade to premium processing to get a decision in 15 calendar days.

3. Might be a possible question. Answer the truth.

4. Yes.

Archived