H1B - First Time - H4?

thumbadg

Hi Friends,

In 2007 I got I-797 approval notice for the first time. I have original approval notice till date, however I am not able to find I-797 for my spouse (H4) and kids (H4).

They are with me here in US. While scanning through old documents, I didn't find spouse or kids I-797 original approval notice. I have extension approval notice for both of them.

Now I confused, whether I-797 for spouse and kids was provided in 2007 itself or first time it will not be there,. But it will get on subsequent extension approvals?

Not sure, if I lost those docs. 

Can someone please shade light in this area?

Thanks

Thumbad

Hi Friends,

In 2007 I got I-797 approval notice for the first time. I have original approval notice till date, however I am not able to find I-797 for my spouse (H4) and kids (H4).

They are with me here in US. While scanning through old documents, I didn't find spouse or kids I-797 original approval notice. I have extension approval notice for both of them.

Now I confused, whether I-797 for spouse and kids was provided in 2007 itself or first time it will not be there,. But it will get on subsequent extension approvals?

Not sure, if I lost those docs. 

Can someone please shade light in this area?

Thanks

Thumbad

When your spouse and kids entered US they would have entered with a valid H4 visa and not based on their H4 I797. When you filed for their H4 extension in US they would have received I797 extension approval notice.

Archived