Applying VISA to parents Immediately after H1B transfer approved

bvramesh219

Hi,
We recently had a baby and I would like to sponsor VISA to my parents to visit their grand child. However my H1B VISA transfer in progress. My specific questions here are

1. Can I apply B2 VISA immediately after I see approved status in USCIS website or do I need to wait to receive my I797-A?
2. While my parents going to interview should they carry copy of my I797-A as well along with other documents?

Please suggest

Thanks and Regards,
BV Ramesh Babu

Hi,

We recently had a baby and I would like to sponsor VISA to my parents to visit their grand child. However my H1B VISA transfer in progress. My specific questions here are

1. Can I apply B2 VISA immediately after I see approved status in USCIS website or do I need to wait to receive my I797-A?

2. While my parents going to interview should they carry copy of my I797-A as well along with other documents?

Please suggest

Thanks and Regards,

BV Ramesh Babu

Your status in US has nothing to do with your parents' visitor visa as there is no sponsorship involved.

• 2 months later...

OP posted this a while ago and might got cleared through his interests by now.

omshiv,

op did not mention that he and his spouse both are working. and his parents are still in the early stages of B2 process and not yet applied. How can you assume that they will come to US the very next day after they receive their future B2 visa (If approved) and start baby sitting?

Please stop assuming about people's choice and stop thinking that they always come to do babysit/nanny.

OP posted this a while ago and might got cleared through his interests by now.

omshiv,

op did not mention that he and his spouse both are working. and his parents are still in the early stages of B2 process and not yet applied. How can you assume that they will come to US the very next day after they receive their future B2 visa (If approved) and start baby sitting?

Please stop assuming about people's choice and stop thinking that they always come to do babysit/nanny.

Unfortunately, way too many people do exactly that.

So, why don't you blame the people who abuse visitor visas, and cause it to get a bad reputation???

Archived