Question about H4 to F1 while principal applicant's I-140 has been approved

SaiM

Hello folks,

I am applying for CoS from H-4 to F-1. I am primarily applying because I will be turning 21 in November and also because I want to gain practical experience in my field. I am pursuing a B.S. in Computer Engineering. My mother applied and got her I-140 approved in September 2010. I was also included on the I-140 as a dependent. Now considering that I am applying for a non-immigrant visa, I have a few questions that are confusing me about I-539. On I-539, questions 3(a) and 3(b) are bothering me. I searched everywhere online and I get mixed answers. 

3(a) Are you or any other person included on the application an applicant for an immigrant visa? - I am answering NO for this question.

3(b) Has an immigrant petition ever been filed for you or any other person on this application? - I am thinking about answering YES for this question.

What should I answer for these two questions? 

Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

Hello folks,

I am applying for CoS from H-4 to F-1. I am primarily applying because I will be turning 21 in November and also because I want to gain practical experience in my field. I am pursuing a B.S. in Computer Engineering. My mother applied and got her I-140 approved in September 2010. I was also included on the I-140 as a dependent. Now considering that I am applying for a non-immigrant visa, I have a few questions that are confusing me about I-539. On I-539, questions 3(a) and 3(b) are bothering me. I searched everywhere online and I get mixed answers. 

3(a) Are you or any other person included on the application an applicant for an immigrant visa? - I am answering NO for this question.

3(b) Has an immigrant petition ever been filed for you or any other person on this application? - I am thinking about answering YES for this question.

Hello folks,

3(a). No.

3(b). No.

Archived