Deportation from Chicago Airport with valid F1 Visa Under 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I)

mahesh846

Hi, 

I traveled US on Feb 2014 and in Chicago POE they started asking questions about my masters and employment.They found one fake resume with my name on my laptop and finally they made my Visa cancelled with prejudice 22 cfr 41.122(h)(3)/(4) of INA and in another section they mentioned like "Application for admission withdrawal".

I was on my OPT extension when this happened. I have credit cards to be paid back in USA and also a new car that I financed.

I dont have any criminal records and they said that i can come with new visa.

Visa cancelled with prejudice 22 cfr 41.122(h)(3)/(4) of INA is written on my F1 Visa.

can some one please help me with the following questions

1. can I come back into USA on my old F-1 visa requesting a new I-20 from my previous school and complete my OPT extension

2. What are my chances of getting a new visa F-1 visa

3. will i be facing the same issues in case I get a visa and come to US again.

4. Please do guide me what other options I have and what I can do.

5)Will i get approved if apply for H-1 Visa.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Hi, 

I traveled US on Feb 2014 and in Chicago POE they started asking questions about my masters and employment.They found one fake resume with my name on my laptop and finally they made my Visa cancelled with prejudice 22 cfr 41.122(h)(3)/(4) of INA and in another section they mentioned like "Application for admission withdrawal".

I was on my OPT extension when this happened. I have credit cards to be paid back in USA and also a new car that I financed.

I dont have any criminal records and they said that i can come with new visa.

Visa cancelled with prejudice 22 cfr 41.122(h)(3)/(4) of INA is written on my F1 Visa.

can some one please help me with the following questions

1. can I come back into USA on my old F-1 visa requesting a new I-20 from my previous school and complete my OPT extension

2. What are my chances of getting a new visa F-1 visa

3. will i be facing the same issues in case I get a visa and come to US again.

4. Please do guide me what other options I have and what I can do.

5)Will i get approved if apply for H-1 Visa.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Talk to an immigration attorney rather than asking in this forum.

By the way, the INS cares nothing about your financial problems. You can pay your bills from abroad. You can give a friend or family member POA to sell your car.

Any time outside the US counts as unemployment and it is unlikely that you can get this "fixed" in time to contiue OPT - if ever to reenter the US.

Maybe I am ignorant... But how does a fake resume on the laptop (until you have submitted it) prove anything? 

During my Masters I obtained a standard resume from my seniors (properly formatted) and changed the details. So while I am editing that, the same case of "fake resume" could have been made against me as well. 

What makes me wonder is:

1. What prompted the search on the laptop?

2. A fake resume in and itself would not have been a ground for non-admission. So what else?

Whatever the answers, OP should consult a immigration lawyer and, based on their advice, a criminal lawyer as well.

Maybe I am ignorant... But how does a fake resume on the laptop (until you have submitted it) prove anything? 

During my Masters I obtained a standard resume from my seniors (properly formatted) and changed the details. So while I am editing that, the same case of "fake resume" could have been made against me as well. 

What makes me wonder is:

1. What prompted the search on the laptop?

2. A fake resume in and itself would not have been a ground for non-admission. So what else?

Whatever the answers, OP should consult a immigration lawyer and, based on their advice, a criminal lawyer as well.

The OP said they asked about his Masters.

That leads me to think that the OP may have signed up with one of these fraud universities. This kind of stuff of course can trigger a more thorough investigation.

It's obvious that we are missing some crucial info here, that the OP chose to not disclose.

Archived