Visitor visa for parents for college commencement

VRTG_87

Hi,

I am from India and completed my Masters degree and planning to obtain tourist visas for my parents so that they can attend my University's commencement ceremony in May 2014. Here is my situation:

My mother's first name and in her passport is something like Mxxxxx followed by the last name.

However, on my passport, under my Mother's name field, it is printed as Nxxxxx followed by the last name.

That is, my Mother's name starts with a "M" but it is printed as starting with a "N". This is due to a typo on my passport, and I did not get it corrected immediately. 

My question is, will this a problem during my Mother's Visa interview if the first name on her passport and her first name on MY passport don't match? Please let me know.

Also, is there a way I can get this fixed on MY passport without affecting my student visa status?

I appreciate any help on this matter. Thank you! 

Hi,

I am from India and completed my Masters degree and planning to obtain tourist visas for my parents so that they can attend my University's commencement ceremony in May 2014. Here is my situation:

My mother's first name and in her passport is something like Mxxxxx followed by the last name.

However, on my passport, under my Mother's name field, it is printed as Nxxxxx followed by the last name.

That is, my Mother's name starts with a "M" but it is printed as starting with a "N". This is due to a typo on my passport, and I did not get it corrected immediately. 

My question is, will this a problem during my Mother's Visa interview if the first name on her passport and her first name on MY passport don't match? Please let me know.

Also, is there a way I can get this fixed on MY passport without affecting my student visa status?

I appreciate any help on this matter. Thank you! 

Might not be a problem but get it fixed. Apply for a passport at Indian consulate. It will not affect your student status.

Archived