Risks and alternatives without client letter in EVC model

user9999

Hello

Profile highlights

Client - top 5 largest financial institution in US; working for the same client since 2 1/2 yrs

1st H1 visa stamping; traveling 1st time outside US in 8 yrs;

My visa is expiring oct 2014

I-140 is approved

H1b Visa was extended in February 2012 during working for the same client

Unfortunately, my client manager is not willing to give client letter since it's one of the largest financial institutions in US... Reasons from client blah blah blah...

My Questions

- What are the alternatives I have for client letter besides vendor letter and my work email copies/ print? Rest, other documents are in good shape.

- which consulate do you guys recommend Jamaica vs Vancouver ? Given the Jamaica success rate it becomes obvious choice but the crime and safety records in Jamaica Making me uncomfortable to travel. Not to mention the hotels in Jamaica are crazy expensive and it's not that safe going around in Kingston Jamaica during the wait time

Vancouver seems to have decent success rate and and it's almost like different city within US which is always comfortable

Any thoughts / advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks everyone!

Hello

Profile highlights

Client - top 5 largest financial institution in US; working for the same client since 2 1/2 yrs

I-140 is approved

Unfortunately, my client manager is not willing to give client letter since it's one of the largest financial institutions in US... Reasons from client blah blah blah...

My Questions

- What are the alternatives I have for client letter besides vendor letter and my work email copies/ print? Rest, other documents are in good shape.

- which consulate do you guys recommend Jamaica vs Vancouver ? Given the Jamaica success rate it becomes obvious choice but the crime and safety records in Jamaica Making me uncomfortable to travel. Not to mention the hotels in Jamaica are crazy expensive and it's not that safe going around in Kingston Jamaica during the wait time

Vancouver seems to have decent success rate and and it's almost like different city within US which is always comfortable

Thanks everyone!

1. Get a letter from your manager that client cannot provide you client letter.

2. All consulates are same as they follow standard procedures.

Just simple dump that client and find another one.

Technically, their is no alternative here.

ALL THE CONSULATES ARE SAME. They follow same rules.

If you think that attending interview at some another country is expensive then why not your home country??

Their is no sucess rate w.r.t immigration, if you have all the documents then you will get your visa.

Hello

Profile highlights

I-140 is approved

My Questions

Thanks everyone!

I am in the same situation where my client is not providing client letter not even a email saying that he wont provide that letter.

I am planning to take my client id badge, org chart in client website with my name, other emails that prove that my job in client place

thats it.. I am just taking my chances,.,,, be confident... all we can do is hope for best

Get a email from your manager saying that it's against their policy to provide client letter. That should be fair enough.

As far as consulate is concerned all are same if your case is strong. Advantage in canada and jamaica is that 221G are quickly resolved.

For accommodation in Jamaica, you can check website airbnb which is cheaper option and there are lot of posts that are helpful and Jamaica is safe as every other country unless you want to get out at late night. No complaint from people went for stamping in Jamaica.

I think you already prepared for Canada, so go there.

@ Matrix.dll - Thanks for sharing airbnb website...Very helpful,Its great!

@ANDHRA STUDENT F1-OPT-H1B - Thanks that should be helpful..Good luck with your interview

@rahul412-

Just simple dump that client and find another one.

Unfortunately, we are not here for client letters and dumping clients. We are professionals, we like to build our career and value the fortune clients we work for

Technically, their is no alternative here.

Well alternatives are, what are the other supporting documents we could take in absence of client letter

ALL THE CONSULATES ARE SAME. They follow same rules.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR VERY VALUABLE INFORMATION. Well we understand that all consulates follow the same procedure & rules but THEY ARE NOT SAME. However in some consulates Visa officer's are very unfriendly in-spite of having hundreds of documents, having post graduation degree's and maintaining legal status for every Second you lived in the country and working for reputed clients. I wish VO knows there are 11 million illegal immigrants with no documents whats so ever in US. And,not to mention, big number of school dropouts in US

If you think that attending interview at some another country is expensive then why not your home country??

There are several reason's why professionals like to go to US consulates which are closer

- Time is a big factor when working for reputed clients. Going to home country for visa interview is very time consuming and clients don't care about all these craziness

Lastly, Please be professional when responding in the public forums. If you are not willing to help/ share information you don't have to respond

Unfortunately, we are not here for client letters and dumping clients. We are professionals, we like to build our career and value the fortune clients we work for

If you are Professional then work for YOUR employer's client not for vendor's client. Professionals won't work in model (EVC) which doesn't have direct EE relationship and respects USCIS rules and regulations.

Well alternatives are, what are the other supporting documents we could take in absence of client letter

If you go with supporting documents then you are taking risk, so get client letter. A professional won't take help on a forum if he has genuine employment, simply gets the required documents( not supporting) from his employer. So if you are professional then ask your employer for the documents.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR VERY VALUABLE INFORMATION. Well we understand that all consulates follow the same procedure & rules but THEY ARE NOT SAME. However in some consulates Visa officer's are very unfriendly in-spite of having hundreds of documents, having post graduation degree's and maintaining legal status for every Second you lived in the country and working for reputed clients. I wish VO knows there are 11 million illegal immigrants with no documents whats so ever in US. And,not to mention, big number of school dropouts in US

I don't know why you said that all consulates are not same, a professional employee won't say that. He is intelligent enough to understand that.

Even though you have all documents and vo is grilling you, you shouldn't be worried since you got all the required documents. Moreover working for "reputed clients" won't guarantee visa, working for direct clients will.

There are several reason's why professionals like to go to US consulates which are closer

- Time is a big factor when working for reputed clients. Going to home country for visa interview is very time consuming and clients don't care about all these craziness

Why do you need a visa when you are not going you of US for vacation??

ANY client will wait for a professional employee if that employee is not available for work for some reason.

Lastly, Please be professional when responding in the public forums. If you are not willing to help/ share information you don't have to respond

Then YOU should ALSO be professional.

The consular officers are ALL professionals.

They are not "very unfriendly" etc.

You even suggesting that is very unprofessional of you.

Professionals won't work in model (EVC) which doesn't have direct EE relationship and respects USCIS rules and regulations.

There are millions of professionals who work for vendor clients in US including US Citizens and Legal immigrants.

I m surprised to see someone have thousands of post's saying its illegal working for Vendor clients. That leads me to confirm that your are not in US and YOUR CREDENTIALS ARE QUESTIONABLE.

I strongly recommend folks here not to pay attention to your post/advice.

I hate to say to someone getting paid to reply to posts asking them to be professional and constructive instead of uncivilized attack

I am trying to help you here. Get the client letter,if you can't then that's your problem. Don't blame it on me.

Didn't your employer said that you need client letter for H1 interview??

There are millions of professionals who work for vendor clients in US including US Citizens and Legal immigrants.

When you are on H1B and you work at thrid party client locations then EE relatioship doesn't exists. That's against H1 rules and to prove that EE relationship you need client letter.

I m surprised to see someone have thousands of post's saying its illegal working for Vendor clients. That leads me to confirm that your are not in US and YOUR CREDENTIALS ARE QUESTIONABLE.

Did I said ILLEGAL?? where??

I strongly recommend folks here not to pay attention to your post/advice.

I don't need any attention.

I hate to say to someone getting paid to reply to posts asking them to be professional and constructive instead of uncivilized attack

If talking truth is uncivilized attack then that's your problem.

I m surprised to see someone have thousands of post's saying its illegal working for Vendor clients.

It is not illegal per se, but it is ILLEGAL for somebody on H1 to work in such a situation without an employer-employee relationship.

Professionals would understand the difference...

hi Use 9999

A lot of the CLient dont issue client letters to Contractors because of theirs policies they do provide any knid of employment verfication  , i was in the same Boat and i was on EVVC model , they are some options  ,, There are lot of alternatives as it not a rare situation

on your vendor letter you can mention the clause " please note that our client does not provide any kind of employment Verification to contractors "

• Get some Work Email printouts
  • Your client Badge
  • And if possible a referernce email from one or 2 colleques if possible
  • Below was my expeirence without client letter and on EVVC Model
  •  

and I WAS ON EVVC Model and Client did not Provde Client Letter  , but rest i had everything except client letter

1. Arrive at the Consulate no more than 30 min early
    2. There will be Security Scan while to enter the Consulate
    3. Next your DS160 /Appointment Letter/ Passport and I797 will be checked ... and will be directed towards Window 7
    4. At window 7 .. you will be asked to give your DS160 /Appointment Letter /Passport and i797 ..in return you will be given a  Token Number , Pamplet which shows your rights as Non immigrant Resident and Info about the Finger Prints
    5. and you will be asked to sit
    6. NExt you Number will be called in for Finger Prints , once you are done with your finger , you wll be given a yellow folder which has you ds 160/your passport /I797 in it
    7. You will be again asked to have a seat
    8. Then again you will hear your token Number and this time it will be time for your Interview , the most exiting and scary part of the whole process :)
    9. Good morning
    10. Hw r u
    11. what do you do in United States
    12. Who you work for
    13. since when
    14. when did you came to United States
    15. What did you between the Time you came in United Sates and the time you started working
    16. Which Univeristy
    17. What did you studies
    18. Who is your end client
    19. What are your duties ... ( Make sure you answer this question carefully and smartly as you have to make sure you show some relation between your education and the work you are doing
    20. His Raised his hands and gets a slip .. and while getting the slips said .. i am approving your Visa ... you shall recevie it in next 2 days
    21. Then Handed over the Instructions for getting the passport back

THe Interview was About  a Minute

Dont worry to much about the Windows as the same window i went .. the gentleman before me was grilled for half and hour and he had client letter and he received the 221 G \ .. and my interview last hardly a minute its all about hw you handle those minutes while you are interviewd

The  following are the take offs from the Interview

• Answer Confidently and look Confident
    • Answer Crisply and Smartly to the Point , No unecessary stuff as heor she  is not interested in it
    • Back yourself with the Proper Documentation with you when you attend the Interview

thats Pretty much it

Hope this can be helpful , If anyone needs any help you can reach out to me as well

Good Luck

Archived