Trip dates outside the US

H1_related

Hi,

I have a couple of questions, I am hoping to get clarification on.

1) I do not have exact date I left country for a trip abroad back in 2011. I do have the date when I reached the destination and usually when you get there you lose a day. Since I am unable to find the tickets to find the exact date I left the US, can I just put a day before the passport stamp date in the destination country or does it have to be absolutely accurate?

2) I went on a week long cruise trip to Mexico and I spent most of my time on the ship except for morning to evening sight seeing trips during the day for a few days. I don't have any stamps on my passport for this visit as well, do I need to mention this trip on N400? or since I did not spend more than 24 hours in any given day I don't need to mention this trip?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Hi,

I have a couple of questions, I am hoping to get clarification on.

1) I do not have exact date I left country for a trip abroad back in 2011. I do have the date when I reached the destination and usually when you get there you lose a day. Since I am unable to find the tickets to find the exact date I left the US, can I just put a day before the passport stamp date in the destination country or does it have to be absolutely accurate?

2) I went on a week long cruise trip to Mexico and I spent most of my time on the ship except for morning to evening sight seeing trips during the day for a few days. I don't have any stamps on my passport for this visit as well, do I need to mention this trip on N400? or since I did not spend more than 24 hours in any given day I don't need to mention this trip?

Thanks in advance for your response.

1. It is fine.

2. You need to mention this trip.

Archived