Questions regarding Visitor Visa for Mother-in-law

amanchap

Hi,

First of all I really appreciate this forum and its members for their time and attempt to help people and I am so thankful for the valuable inputs that are provided.

I have couple of questions regarding the visitor visa that we are planning to apply for my Mom.

Me and my husband work in USA on H1B visa.

Questions:

a): My visa is about to expire(June-2014) and my employer will be filing for an extension. So is it safe to have my husband sponser for my mom?

b): I have "Community, Nativity and Date of Birth" Certificate issued by Mandal Revenue Office which has my Place of Birth, Date of Birth and my Father' Name. I do not have my mother's name on it. If this certificate good enough or do I need to have the actual "Date of Birth" Certificate?

c) I have my CBSE(10th) mark list which has by Date of birth as well as both of my parents name. Can I use this it instead of the original birth certificate?

d) In my passport my mother's name is "AMANCHA SHUBHA JHANSI LAKSHMI".

in which AMANCHA is Lastname, "SHUBHA" is First name and "JHANSI" is middle name.

So while applying my mom's passport, we just mentioned "AMANCHA SHUBHA JHANSI".

Will this cause any problems?

Thank you in advance for your inputs.

-Praveena

Hi,

First of all I really appreciate this forum and its members for their time and attempt to help people and I am so thankful for the valuable inputs that are provided.

I have couple of questions regarding the visitor visa that we are planning to apply for my Mom.

Me and my husband work in USA on H1B visa.

Questions:

a): My visa is about to expire(June-2014) and my employer will be filing for an extension. So is it safe to have my husband sponser for my mom?

b): I have "Community, Nativity and Date of Birth" Certificate issued by Mandal Revenue Office which has my Place of Birth, Date of Birth and my Father' Name. I do not have my mother's name on it. If this certificate good enough or do I need to have the actual "Date of Birth" Certificate?

c) I have my CBSE(10th) mark list which has by Date of birth as well as both of my parents name. Can I use this it instead of the original birth certificate?

in which AMANCHA is Lastname, "SHUBHA" is First name and "JHANSI" is middle name.

Thank you in advance for your inputs.

-Praveena

a) You or your husband status has no role to play in your mother's visitor visa application as there is no sponsorship involved.

b) No one needs that.

c) Not required.

d) Doesn't matter.

Questions:

a. Their is no sponsorship for visiting visa. Guest worker(H1 employee) cannot sponsor ANY type of US visa.

b. No need of DOB Certificate

c. No need

d. No problem, just explain this to vo if he has any issues with that.

Thanks for the replies.

If my employer doesn't file my extension and I end up moving to H4, can I still file visitor Visa for my mom, showing the supporting documents?

Or in that case, if it preferable for my Husband to apply the visa for my Mom as he got a fulltime job?

Thanks,

Praveena

Thanks for the replies.

If my employer doesn't file my extension and I end up moving to H4, can I still file visitor Visa for my mom, showing the supporting documents?

Or in that case, if it preferable for my Husband to apply the visa for my Mom as he got a fulltime job?

Thanks,

Praveena

There is no sponsorship for visitor visa. Visitor visa is to visit US. Whether you guys are there in US or not your mom can apply for a visitor visa. She has to convince VO that she has strong ties to home country and she intends to return.

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks,

Praveena

Please read the earlier replies. Their is no sponsorhip for visitin visa, non immigrant CANNOT sponsor ANY type of US visa.

Archived