Visa stamping for current H1 and New H1 together Question...urgent

jvh1bvisa

Hi,

My visa stamping on my passport expired 3 years ago and my curent I797 validity will expire on may 15 2014 and I got new H1 extension from valid from May 15 2014 to May 14 2017.

If I go for stamping do I get visa stamp for both I 797's? or they just give stamp for new H1? If they give visa stamp for new H1 then I can't enter US before May 15th right?

I dont know what to do. please advise.

Thanks for helping.

Hi,

My visa stamping on my passport expired 3 years ago and my curent I797 validity will expire on may 15 2014 and I got new H1 extension from valid from May 15 2014 to May 14 2017.

If I go for stamping do I get visa stamp for both I 797's? or they just give stamp for new H1? If they give visa stamp for new H1 then I can't enter US before May 15th right?

I dont know what to do. please advise.

Thanks for helping.

You get one stamping. Show both I797s to VO.

Hi Jairichi,

Thanks for your response. I'm planning to go for Visa stamping in 1st week of April and If VO give stamp for new H1 valid from May 15. Can I enter US in April 1st week?

Since your current petition is also valid VO would take that into consideration when H1B visa is stamped.

You will get visa from  <Visa Issue Date> till   May-2017.

You need to enter the NEW I-797 details in your DS-160.

When you go for interview  submit both I-797s.

I went for stamping with starting and my  current I-797 expiring in 4 months from the interview date and the new I-797 (extn) starting after the expiry of my current one.

I got visa and the annotation section specified both the petition and the expiry date was the exp date of the extended petition.

Don't worry and go for the interview.

Archived