B2 Visitor visa but old expired passport lost

andaluri

Hi,

I'm applying for a visitor visa for my mother-in-law. She got US visa earlier in 2007 and visited us for 6 months. Last year her passport expired and she got a new passport. She recently moved to new place and had lost her old passport with an expired US visa. We are planning to apply for US visa for her this year. Since we don't have any details of her earlier visa, does anyone in this forum feel that she will have trouble obtaining a visa? Are there any special documents or letters we can obtain to increase her chances of getting a visa? 

I appreciate any information you can provide.

Thank you,

Sam

Hi,

I'm applying for a visitor visa for my mother-in-law. She got US visa earlier in 2007 and visited us for 6 months. Last year her passport expired and she got a new passport. She recently moved to new place and had lost her old passport with an expired US visa. We are planning to apply for US visa for her this year. Since we don't have any details of her earlier visa, does anyone in this forum feel that she will have trouble obtaining a visa? Are there any special documents or letters we can obtain to increase her chances of getting a visa? 

I appreciate any information you can provide.

Thank you,

Sam

No issues. She has to convince VO that she has strong ties to home country and she intends to return back. No such special documents exists.

Archived