Multiple J1 visas and waiver

a.curious

I am a PhD student studying in The Netherlands. I am going to be in US as an intern in a company for 3 months. I came to know from my employer that I will have HRR rule on my J1. Because I also want to explore post doc/job opportunities in the US after I defend my PhD (atleast 10 months or so in the future), I was thinking to initiate the HRR waiver process as soon as my internship starts. But I have a few doubts and it would be great if someone can answer my questions. It will really help me in deciding my next steps.

1. I am confused after reading at many forums that once I have a HRR waiver I can't get a J1 visa again. Is that true for all the cases?
2. If I decide not to get a waiver just for the reason mentioned in 1, will I be able to apply for a J1 again for a Post-Doc with a new sponsor?

3. If I get a second J1, do I need to apply for the waiver twice? or stay in my country of origin (India) for 4 years?
4. If I don't apply for a waiver that means getting a H1B is not a possibility and I won't be able to work in a company. Is it possible that companies hire someone on J1 and then later convert it to H1B.

Please help. I need to decide if doing this internship is a good decision because that means in near future I will reduce my chances of working in the US.

Archived