J1 waiver to H1b 30 days of grace

andrea1977

Hi,

my J1 visa expired on March 3rd 2014. I have request the waiver and I have received the no objection from the Italian Government and I am waiting for DOS response. 

Now I am on my 30 days of grace, and I was wondering if I have to leave USA if the DOS does not give the response on time, in order to have my H1b before the end of my last 30 days in US. Of course I have requested the expedited process.

Thanks

Andrea

Hi,

my J1 visa expired on March 3rd 2014. I have request the waiver and I have received the no objection from the Italian Government and I am waiting for DOS response. 

Now I am on my 30 days of grace, and I was wondering if I have to leave USA if the DOS does not give the response on time, in order to have my H1b before the end of my last 30 days in US. Of course I have requested the expedited process.

Thanks

Andrea

When does your DS2019 expire? If it has expired on March 3rd 2014 you would need to exit US by April 3rd 2014.

Hi,

Thanks

Andrea

Hi, Hope evrything goes fine. Actually me also scarring for this kind of situation. However can you plese let me know how did you request to expadite. My case is still pending although DoS has recieved all docements. they received the NOS by Feb 6th but still pending. Please let me know how can I request them to expadite.

Thanks

Diganta

Archived