J1/J2 to H1b

name123

I have a question about J1/J2 to H1 transition. Here is my situation

I am on J1 visa and my wife is on J2.

Ours J1/J2 ends on December 2015.

My wife has applied for EAD card, and will be getting in job my June of this year.

Question: If her company wants to file a H1B for her, I have to apply for a waiver. The moment I get that, her company would be able to file H1B for her but once I received the Waiver, her J2 status will be forfeited. In this transition situation, Does she need to quit job ? Can she continue working in the company on H1B pending application status ?  

Thanks

I have a question about J1/J2 to H1 transition. Here is my situation

I am on J1 visa and my wife is on J2.

Ours J1/J2 ends on December 2015.

My wife has applied for EAD card, and will be getting in job my June of this year.

Question: If her company wants to file a H1B for her, I have to apply for a waiver. The moment I get that, her company would be able to file H1B for her but once I received the Waiver, her J2 status will be forfeited. In this transition situation, Does she need to quit job ? Can she continue working in the company on H1B pending application status ?  

Thanks

As long as you are staying on J1 status and her H1B petition is not approved she stays on J2 status and allowed to work with valid EAD.

Archived