Need Suggestions on h1b extension from profit univ

rajallsk25

Hi ,

I filed h1b last year and got approved for 1 year from a profit university, i asked my company to file a new h1 in regular this year but they are suggesting me that my h1 is still valid and when filing extension they will use my under grad degree instead of masters degree . is this a valid approach ? can any one please share their views and ideas. Thanks in advance !!

Hi ,

I filed h1b last year and got approved for 1 year from a profit university, i asked my company to file a new h1 in regular this year but they are suggesting me that my h1 is still valid and when filing extension they will use my under grad degree instead of masters degree . is this a valid approach ? can any one please share their views and ideas. Thanks in advance !!

Nope. You need to talk to an attorney rather than an employer. Attorney knows immigration laws better than employer.

Hi ,

That doesn't make any difference.

Your current H1 is getting extended and you used your master's degree for that H1. So during the ext you might get RFE regarding the degree.

• 3 months later...

Hi ,

Hi,

I'm in the same situation. Can you please let me know what you did in your case? I would really appreciate if you can share your number with me. Here is  my email ID **********@gmail.com

Thanks

Archived