J1 work eligibility

April21

Hello,

I am working as a postdoctoral fellow after completing phd at a hospital/research institution. RIght now I am on J1(not the clinical J1)and I am trying to move to a different city as I recently got married.

My question is - Apart from working in academic institutions, can I join pharmaceutical company jobs under the J1 visa status. In other words- are J1 holders eligible to work for profit (pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies) ?

What would be the best approach to make the move possible.

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I am working as a postdoctoral fellow after completing phd at a hospital/research institution. RIght now I am on J1(not the clinical J1)and I am trying to move to a different city as I recently got married.

My question is - Apart from working in academic institutions, can I join pharmaceutical company jobs under the J1 visa status. In other words- are J1 holders eligible to work for profit (pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies) ?

What would be the best approach to make the move possible.

Thank you in advance!

Some pharmaceutical companies like Novartis, Genentech, Astra Zeneca have postdoctoral training opportunities on J1. You cannot take any other jobs in a pharmaceutical company.

Archived