H1B Visa Approved : Buts status admin processing after 2 days no slips issued during interview

hbadger

All,

I had my H1B extended and went for visa interview @ vancouver on 5th March 2014. The interview was straight forward and laster for 1 minute after which my visa was approved and was told that I will get my passport back in 3-5 business days.

On 7th, I checked the ceac website which said that my visa was under administrative processing. Any one else face the same issue? Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

All,

I had my H1B extended and went for visa interview @ vancouver on 5th March 2014. The interview was straight forward and laster for 1 minute after which my visa was approved and was told that I will get my passport back in 3-5 business days.

On 7th, I checked the ceac website which said that my visa was under administrative processing. Any one else face the same issue? Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Do not worry. It is how visa stamping is processed. Wait for early next week to get your passport with stamped visa.

Were you given your passport back after the interview or they kept it ?.  If they kept your passport most likely your visa is approved. wait one or more days . sometimes their database may be updated with wrong codes ( just like our regular IT  issues) .  ... I wish you would get it soon .

Were you given your passport back after the interview or they kept it ?.  If they kept your passport most likely your visa is approved. wait one or more days . sometimes their database may be updated with wrong codes ( just like our regular IT  issues) .  ... I wish you would get it soon .

That's not wrong code. That's a generic status, even when they printing the visa on passport they use that same status.

Hi Friends,

My Status just got updated to Issued...

Below is the chronology:

March 5th - Stamping Date

March 6th  - CEAC : Admin Processing

March 7th - CEAC : Admin Processing (Status Updated Date changed to March 7th from March 5th)

March 10th - CEAC : Issued

Good Luck and I wish everyone waiting will get their passports ASAP. :)

Archived