Starting a job 6 months after graduation

harsha.mvenkata

My OPT application was denied on Feb 24th because my i20 was more than 30 days old.

I have submitted a new application on 27th Feb. I graduated on Dec 31st 2013.

I am currently in India.

I got an extension from my employer but they are able to offer a joining date only in the first week of June this year. If my OPT gets approved in the next one or two months, will I able to travel back to US with my OPT card and join the company ? 

My OPT application was denied on Feb 24th because my i20 was more than 30 days old.

I have submitted a new application on 27th Feb. I graduated on Dec 31st 2013.

I am currently in India.

I got an extension from my employer but they are able to offer a joining date only in the first week of June this year. If my OPT gets approved in the next one or two months, will I able to travel back to US with my OPT card and join the company ? 

Hope you know that you cannot be unemployed more 90 days on OPT. What about your F1 visa validity?

My F1 visa is valid till 2017. 

I know that one cannot be unemployed for more than 90 days on OPT. If my OPT comes in by this month end and If I have a job offer starting from 2nd June, then I should be able to travel back to US and take the job since it will be less than 90 days from my OPT start date. Am I right ?

I know that one cannot be unemployed for more than 90 days on OPT. If my OPT comes in by this month end and If I have a job offer starting from 2nd June, then I should be able to travel back to US and take the job since it will be less than 90 days from my OPT start date. Am I right ?

Yes, that is correct.

If you start working before 90days of your OPT start day then you are good to go.

Archived