H4 for 9 years kid

Chinna2013

Hi

My 9 years son is in India now, we are plannig to bring him here. He was in us for some time in 2010 when I was on L1 with stamped visa.

But now I have changed my status to h1b not gone to India till then. Can my son still use the drop box fecility???

Heard that if stamped visa is different we should go for stamping. If this is yes, is it risky to go 9 years old for stamping( of course with guardian).

I nerver seen such situation around me that both patents r in us and child has to go for stamping.

It Would be a great help if I get some information.

Need to make a decision ASAP, if it's not safe then I should plan a trip to India.

Thanks

Hi

My 9 years son is in India now, we are plannig to bring him here. He was in us for some time in 2010 when I was on L1 with stamped visa.

But now I have changed my status to h1b not gone to India till then. Can my son still use the drop box fecility???

Heard that if stamped visa is different we should go for stamping. If this is yes, is it risky to go 9 years old for stamping( of course with guardian).

I nerver seen such situation around me that both patents r in us and child has to go for stamping.

It Would be a great help if I get some information.

Need to make a decision ASAP, if it's not safe then I should plan a trip to India.

Thanks

There is no need for a 9 year old to attend interview. I would call OFC and get the details.

Archived