currently stuck in india on h1b. the validity is till sep 30. Can i re apply for us on a f1 visa after sep 30?

rdsr123

Hi,

I am currently stuck in India on H1B. I stayed in us from 2008-2013 on a F1 visa , completed my opt. After that my h1b petition was approved for 1 year from 2013 Oct to 2014 Sep. I came to india on family issues in aug 2013 even before my h1-b period started. Attended the interview and got stuck here due to 221-g .The validity of the petition is till sep 30, 2014 .can i re-apply for us on a F1-visa again by gaining admission to a masters program in a US university. If I apply what are my chances?  

Hi,

I am currently stuck in India on H1B. I stayed in us from 2008-2013 on a F1 visa , completed my opt. After that my h1b petition was approved for 1 year from 2013 Oct to 2014 Sep. I came to india on family issues in aug 2013 even before my h1-b period started. Attended the interview and got stuck here due to 221-g .The validity of the petition is till sep 30, 2014 .can i re-apply for us on a F1-visa again by gaining admission to a masters program in a US university. If I apply what are my chances?  

Mostly your F1 visa would be rejected as you have an approved H1B petition and VO would assume that you are trying to enter US with a F1 visa to later change to H1B.

Hi,

Their are very less chances of F1 after H1.

If I apply for MBA after sep 30th 2014 for the spring 2015 semester , will it help me ? Do you suggest it will be better If I drop applying for F1 visa on a whole ? Thanks for your suggestions

It's not about the timing, its about your previous stay in US.

Better to contact an attorney for help.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived