H1B Approved at Ottawa March 5

sunnyrock

hi All

This Forum Helped me alot while preparing for my Interview ..learning and preparing from different peoples Experiences

SO just thought to share my expeirence , so that it will be helpful for people who are planning to attend Interviews in coming future  

and I WAS ON EVVC Model and Client did not Provde Client Letter  , but rest i had everything as listed below

1. Arrive at the Consulate no more than 30 min early
  2. There will be Security Scan while to enter the Consulate
  3. Next your DS160 /Appointment Letter/ Passport and I797 will be checked ... and will be directed towards Window 7
  4. At window 7 .. you will be asked to give your DS160 /Appointment Letter /Passport and i797 ..in return you will be given a  Token Number , Pamplet which shows your rights as Non immigrant Resident and Info about the Finger Prints
  5. and you will be asked to sit
  6. NExt you Number will be called in for Finger Prints , once you are done with your finger , you wll be given a yellow folder which has you ds 160/your passport /I797 in it
  7. You will be again asked to have a seat
  8. Then again you will hear your token Number and this time it will be time for your Interview , the most exiting and scary part of the whole process :)
  9. Good morning
  10. Hw r u
  11. what do you do in United States
  12. Who you work for
  13. since when
  14. when did you came to United States
  15. What did you between the Time you came in United Sates and the time you started working
  16. Which Univeristy
  17. What did you studies
  18. Who is your end client
  19. What are your duties ... ( Make sure you answer this question carefully and smartly as you have to make sure you show some relation between your education and the work you are doing
  20. His Raised his hands and gets a slip .. and while getting the slips said .. i am approving your Visa ... you shall recevie it in next 2 days
  21. Then Handed over the Instructions for getting the passport back

THe Interview was About  a Minute

Dont worry to much about the Windows as the same window i went .. the gentleman before me was grilled for half and hour and received the 221 G \ .. and my interview last hardly a minute its all about hw you handle those minutes while you are interviewd

The  following are the take offs from the Interview

• Answer Confidently and look Confident
  • Answer Crisply and Smarty to the Point , No unecessary stuff as he is not interested in it
  • Back yourself with the Proper Documentation with you when you attend the Interview

thats Pretty much it

Hope this can be helpful , If anyone needs any help you can reach out to me as well

Good Luck People

• 3 weeks later...

hi All

This Forum Helped me alot while preparing for my Interview ..learning and preparing from different peoples Experiences

SO just thought to share my expeirence , so that it will be helpful for people who are planning to attend Interviews in coming future  

and I WAS ON EVVC Model and Client did not Provde Client Letter  , but rest i had everything as listed below

1. Arrive at the Consulate no more than 30 min early
  2. There will be Security Scan while to enter the Consulate
  3. Next your DS160 /Appointment Letter/ Passport and I797 will be checked ... and will be directed towards Window 7
  4. At window 7 .. you will be asked to give your DS160 /Appointment Letter /Passport and i797 ..in return you will be given a  Token Number , Pamplet which shows your rights as Non immigrant Resident and Info about the Finger Prints
  5. and you will be asked to sit
  6. NExt you Number will be called in for Finger Prints , once you are done with your finger , you wll be given a yellow folder which has you ds 160/your passport /I797 in it
  7. You will be again asked to have a seat
  8. Then again you will hear your token Number and this time it will be time for your Interview , the most exiting and scary part of the whole process :)
  9. Good morning
  10. Hw r u
  11. what do you do in United States
  12. Who you work for
  13. since when
  14. when did you came to United States
  15. What did you between the Time you came in United Sates and the time you started working
  16. Which Univeristy
  17. What did you studies
  18. Who is your end client
  19. What are your duties ... ( Make sure you answer this question carefully and smartly as you have to make sure you show some relation between your education and the work you are doing
  20. His Raised his hands and gets a slip .. and while getting the slips said .. i am approving your Visa ... you shall recevie it in next 2 days
  21. Then Handed over the Instructions for getting the passport back

THe Interview was About  a Minute

Dont worry to much about the Windows as the same window i went .. the gentleman before me was grilled for half and hour and received the 221 G \ .. and my interview last hardly a minute its all about hw you handle those minutes while you are interviewd

The  following are the take offs from the Interview

• Answer Confidently and look Confident
  • Answer Crisply and Smarty to the Point , No unecessary stuff as he is not interested in it
  • Back yourself with the Proper Documentation with you when you attend the Interview

thats Pretty much it

Hope this can be helpful , If anyone needs any help you can reach out to me as well

Good Luck People

Hello Sunny,

Could you please provide me few details regarding accommodation in Ottawa like Price Range, Est Costs of Stay for 1 week etc. Appreciate any response.

Archived