H1B visa extension stamping and port if entry

Krivivek

Hi

I work for company A and my work location is in Atlanta,GA. My H1B visa expires on mar 11 2014. I had applied for extension and have got my extension papers which is valid till November 2016. Due to personal reasons I am planning to go to India in May 2014. I am planning to leave my wife who is in H4 now at her brothers place which is in Baltimore, MD. Since I am gong to India I have to get my visa stamped. I have two questions here

1. Will it be ok if my port of entry while returning is Washington and not Atlanta which is my work location ? ( I have to pick my wife from brothers place)

2. Can my wife stay in US while I go to India and get my visa stamped for my h1b extension? Will she face any problem the next time she travels to India and comes back? She is applying for H1B in April 2014.

Hi

I work for company A and my work location is in Atlanta,GA. My H1B visa expires on mar 11 2014. I had applied for extension and have got my extension papers which is valid till November 2016. Due to personal reasons I am planning to go to India in May 2014. I am planning to leave my wife who is in H4 now at her brothers place which is in Baltimore, MD. Since I am gong to India I have to get my visa stamped. I have two questions here

1. Will it be ok if my port of entry while returning is Washington and not Atlanta which is my work location ? ( I have to pick my wife from brothers place)

2. Can my wife stay in US while I go to India and get my visa stamped for my h1b extension? Will she face any problem the next time she travels to India and comes back? She is applying for H1B in April 2014.

1. Yes.

2. No, as long as your period of stay outside US is not that long.

1.Yes you can.

2.No problem, but if your H1 visa is under pending after the interview then she might in trouble.

Archived