Need help with withdrawing H4 -> F1 COS

travelafficionado

I need help and advice in withdrawing H4 -> F1 change of status

Here is my situation - 

I got admission in to an accredited university but when I went for F1 stamping in India they rejected and asked me to pursue studies on H4 (my H4 got approved)

I came back to U.S. and filed for H4 -> F1 COS...I later realized that I can do online courses on H4 status and then convert to F1 when I need it (towards the end of course completion). I am not planning to get an on-campus job so I don't see value in converting to F1 right now.

I am hoping to withdraw my current COS application which I submitted 3 weeks ago. Please advice if this is a good move and how I should do it.

Thanks.

I need help and advice in withdrawing H4 -> F1 change of status

Here is my situation - 

I got admission in to an accredited university but when I went for F1 stamping in India they rejected and asked me to pursue studies on H4 (my H4 got approved)

I came back to U.S. and filed for H4 -> F1 COS...I later realized that I can do online courses on H4 status and then convert to F1 when I need it (towards the end of course completion). I am not planning to get an on-campus job so I don't see value in converting to F1 right now.

I am hoping to withdraw my current COS application which I submitted 3 weeks ago. Please advice if this is a good move and how I should do it.

Thanks.

Request USCIS for withdrawal. If not just exit and enter US with a valid H4 visa.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived