Applying for B1 when spouse is on H1 in USA

visaquery666

Hi,

I went to US on B1 4 years back - Then, got married 2 years back and went to US on L2 - Applied for EAD and started my job there. Me and my husband, both filed for H1 in 2013 cap but mine was not picked in lottery - My husband switched to H1 from October 2013 and my company transferred me to offshore in India from October.

Now, my employer wanted me to visit US on B1 for a meeting and conference - Later they may file my H1 in April 2014 and transfer me back to US with a valid work visa, if I get thru'.

I wanted to check how should I convince consular in B1 interview that I'll return to India being my husband there in US?

My case is totally genuine and I already had two US visas in the past. Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi,

I went to US on B1 4 years back - Then, got married 2 years back and went to US on L2 - Applied for EAD and started my job there. Me and my husband, both filed for H1 in 2013 cap but mine was not picked in lottery - My husband switched to H1 from October 2013 and my company transferred me to offshore in India from October.

Now, my employer wanted me to visit US on B1 for a meeting and conference - Later they may file my H1 in April 2014 and transfer me back to US with a valid work visa, if I get thru'.

I wanted to check how should I convince consular in B1 interview that I'll return to India being my husband there in US?

My case is totally genuine and I already had two US visas in the past. Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance!

Carry all B1 related documents from your employer to convince VO of your true intention.

Archived