OPT 60 Day grace Period : Receipt or Acceptance

harsha.mvenkata

My OPT was denied on Feb 24th because my sevis was more than 30 days old. I graduated on December 31st. I got a new i20 and submitted a new OPT application before 60 days from graduation and the application was acknowledged received before 60 days from graduation. However I don't have a receipt number. I am currently in India.

Q1) Am I out of status due to the 60 day rule ?

Q2) As far as I understand the 60 day rule states that the application should be submitted within 60 days. Am I am correct ?

Q3) I have a valid F1 Visa and an i20 issued by my university few days back, I also have a job offer in hand. Can I re-enter US with my OPT application in say initial review and start the job once I get the EAD card ?

Q4) If I have to go for another MS, do I need to go for visa stamping again ? My current F1 visa is valid till 2017.

I would greatly appreciate answers to my questions.

Thanks,

Harsha

My OPT was denied on Feb 24th because my sevis was more than 30 days old. I graduated on December 31st. I got a new i20 and submitted a new OPT application before 60 days from graduation and the application was acknowledged received before 60 days from graduation. However I don't have a receipt number. I am currently in India.

Q1) Am I out of status due to the 60 day rule ?

Q2) As far as I understand the 60 day rule states that the application should be submitted within 60 days. Am I am correct ?

Q3) I have a valid F1 Visa and an i20 issued by my university few days back, I also have a job offer in hand. Can I re-enter US with my OPT application in say initial review and start the job once I get the EAD card ?

Q4) If I have to go for another MS, do I need to go for visa stamping again ? My current F1 visa is valid till 2017.

I would greatly appreciate answers to my questions.

Thanks,

Harsha

1. You have no status being in India.

2. Yes.

3. What is status of your SEVIS?

4. No.

Archived