Eligibility for 'INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM' with COS H1-H4 in between

man_vamsi

Friends - 

This is regarding the DropBox eligibility criteria for H1B Visa Stamping upon renewal/extension. Below is the link that explains the eligibility for DropBox. But my situation is as follows and i am not sure if I am eligible for it. Can you please provide your inputs on the same?

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp

Some background about my situation: I am an Indian National and  this would be the third time i would be going for my H1B Stamping with the same petitioner and i never had any issues with my visa/stamping till date.

•  I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to renew;

For the above I had to do a COS H1B - H4 for 6 months and now I am back to my H1B visa with the same petitioner, so when we say about the same class is it H class in general or the subclass within the H-Visa (H1 & H4)?

• If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify,but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible.

For the above, since my petitioner is still the same even if I had to go on H1B to H4 in between and now I am back to H1B with the same petitioner(my H1B Employer and not my spouse employer who was my H4 petitioner), would my situation tend to YES for the above question? (The Petitioner for my H4 was my spouse employer who is not same as my H1B petitioner)

Apart from the above would there be any automatic validation during the appointment booking process by the portal wherein based on the information we provide they determine if we are eligible for dropbox submission or is it a manual process for us to answer the questions and determine our eligibility?

Thanks a lot for your inputs in advance.

Archived