H1B Extension Based on Approved I140

rhp1975

Hi

My current H1B is valid till 15-May-2014 and I do have approved I140 from my current employer. My employer filed for my H1 extension and got a approval. However instead of getting extension for 3 years(based on I140), i got extension only till 31-Dec-2014.

Any reasons why this could have happened? Can we appeal for extending my H1B for 3 years on the basis of approved I140?

Regards

RP

Thanks for your response.

I work for consulting firm, but when employer filed my application, they have provided enough evidences to show that i can be on assignments with other clients beyond my current assignment. My attorney has raised a query on this with immigration, they have responded saying that they will review my file and get back to us.

I guess it's common situation and one cannot get a contract from existing client for 3 yrs. 

Regards

RP.

Thanks for your response.

I work for consulting firm, but when employer filed my application, they have provided enough evidences to show that i can be on assignments with other clients beyond my current assignment. My attorney has raised a query on this with immigration, they have responded saying that they will review my file and get back to us.

I guess it's common situation and one cannot get a contract from existing client for 3 yrs. 

Regards

RP.

Okay, so your current project was for 6 months? So that's not weird to have your ext for 6 months.

BTW their are contracts which are more than 3 yrs. I have seen lot of people working on those projects.

Archived