Multiple sponsors processing H1 this year for same person will be acceptable by USCIS ?

vinuraji

Hi,

Please clarify the process of below situation.

Two sponsors( X and Y) are ready for processing H1 for me this year.

1) Multiple sponsors processing H1 for same person at same time(this year) will be acceptable by USCIS?

2) If X sponsor is selected, then i go to stamping by X spnsor . is it right ?

3) If both are selected , what will be the case ?

4) Is there any rejection at lottery or Stamping or any stage by USCIS if two sponsors processed H1 for me this year ?

Please let me know asap.

Regards,

Rajesh G

1) Multiple sponsors processing H1 for same person at same time(this year) will be acceptable by USCIS?

2) If X sponsor is selected, then i go to stamping by X spnsor . is it right ?

3) If both are selected , what will be the case ?

4) Is there any rejection at lottery or Stamping or any stage by USCIS if two sponsors processed H1 for me this year ?

1. Accepted

2. Yes

3. You can select one

4. No, but USCIS might ask how could a sinlge person work for two employers?

First, multiple applications don't increase the chances.

Second, if a person is selected, all the applications for the person are selected.

Third, multiple applications nowadays trigger RFEs and audits, due to suspicion that the beneficiary may have paid for the H1s, since no sane employer would file and pay for an H1 application if the employer doesn't have the reasonable expectation that the person is going to work there. Also, it is an open secret, even mentioned in newspaper reports, e.g., in India, that there is a scam  industry for H1s.

From one article, aptly titled "Indian Hustle": "Hundreds of small companies in India and the US claim to be able to arrange an H-1B visa — for the right price. Some Indians hand over money and never see the broker again — a scam similar to the loan brokerage racket featured in the movie “American Hustle.”"

The bottom line: Avoid duplicate filings. Commit to one employer.

Hi Rahul/joef,

Thanks for your replies.

1) At lottery stage , is there any possibility of rejections or queries in lottery stage(Random selection) if multiple sponsors are applied to me ?

2) I feel having more chances to come out from lottery if we have more files using multiple sponsors . is it right ?

@Rahul,

4. No, but USCIS might ask how could a sinlge person work for two employers?

If USCIS ask, what would be the common reason to answer for them.

Regards,

Rajesh G

1) At lottery stage , is there any possibility of rejections or queries in lottery stage(Random selection) if multiple sponsors are applied to me ?

2) I feel having more chances to come out from lottery if we have more files using multiple sponsors . is it right ?

1. Not selection level,but you may during the processing

2. No,that's wrong. You can't work for two employers at any time, so why two H1's??

Hi Rahul,

I did not understand your replies.

I am worrying about lottery this year. Two employers are ready to processed H1 for me.

Just clarify me for below questions.

1) generally, if we have more H1 files(using multiple sponsors), will it be used to get more chances to avoid lottery?

2) Generally how lottery process will it work ?

3) Is there any chance of selecting one in lottery and anothr not if we have two files.. 

Hi Rahul,

I did not understand your replies.

I am worrying about lottery this year. Two employers are ready to processed H1 for me.

Just clarify me for below questions.

1) generally, if we have more H1 files(using multiple sponsors), will it be used to get more chances to avoid lottery?

2) Generally how lottery process will it work ?

3) Is there any chance of selecting one in lottery and anothr not if we have two files.. 

Two employer's can file your H1, but it won't increase your chances.

Just read @JoeF's reply.

Hi Rahul/joef,

It seems you didn't read my answer.

Multiple applications do NOT increase the chances. This is not like the Powerball lottery.

Commit to one employer.

Hi Joef,

I would like to get more chances or trying to get out from random selection(Lottery). 

I heard that H1b premium processing will be available two times to select from lottery. is it right ? 

Please find the below lottery procedure which is mentioned another forums. is it right ? how it works ?....

How Would H1B Visa 2015 Lottery Process work?

Let me elaborate more on how the lottery would work, if we were to get one for H1B visa 2015 quota.

• Step 1 : First step that USCIS would do as soon as it receives a H1B petition is to label and identify each of the petitions with a unique identifier. This is the number that would be used for random selection algorithm.  Once it is labeled, they will group the overall petitions into two sets, one as masters quota and one as regular quota.
  • Step 2 :  If there are more than 20,000 petitions received for masters quota, they would run a computer generated random selection process, which is called H1B lottery, across all the masters petitions pool to pick the 20,000 petitions that would meet the cap for Masters quota for FY 2015.
  • Step 3 :  All the H1B petitions filed under master’s quota, that did NOT get selected in the lottery or random selection are placed or combined with all the pool of petitions received regular quota H1B petitions.
  • Step 4 :  If the total number of petitions in the combined pool are over 65,000 petitions, which is the cap limit, a computer generated random selection process is run on the pool to identify the petitions that will qualify for the regular quota cap limit.
  • Step 5 :  USCIS will send the list of all selected petitions numbers to the service centers. The USCIS service centers will proceed with next level H1B Visa processing for adjudication of the selected petitions.
  • Step 6 : All the petitions that were not selected in random selection process or lottery will be returned to their respective parties either attorneys or the employers directly along with the Fee. If there were duplicate filings for a same employee by an employer, no fee will be returned.
  • Step 7 : USCIS will inform all the selected petition holders with their case number for tracking purposes during processing.

I would like to get more chances or trying to get out from random selection(Lottery). 

PLEASE READ THE ABOVE REPLIES BEFORE YOU POST THE SAME QUESTION.

I heard that H1b premium processing will be available two times to select from lottery. is it right ?

PP is for H1 processing, it has NO relation to lottery.

If your H1 is filed in master's quota then your app will be counted twice both in regular and master's cap( if it was not selected in master's quota).

If people like you avoid multiple H1's then you can avoid lottery too, and everyone's H1 will be selected. THINK....!!!!

Hi Joef,

Please find the below lottery procedure which is mentioned another forums. is it right ? how it works ?....

No, that is not quite how it works.

As a first step, USCIS opens the applications and identifies duplicates. THAT is how it works.

The reason is that certain duplicates are prohibited, so they have to eliminate such applications. They also remove applications that are improperly filed, e.g., with wrong fee amounts.

They then tag the petitions, but duplicates are only tagged once.

Hence, multiple applications do NOT increase the chances.

Don't think they are stupid. They know that some people try to game the system. it doesn't work.

On the contrary, multiple applications trigger RFEs and audits, so there is a way higher risk of not getting an H1 at all.

Commit to ONE employer if you want to have a shot at an H1.

Archived