OPT Denied : Questions regarding my future options

harsha.mvenkata

My OPT was denied on Feb 24th 2014. I am still waiting for my denial letter. I traveled to India recently for my engagement and I am currently in India. I contacted the International student services at my university and they suggested i reapply immediately without any delay. I have submitted a new OPT application today.

I have a job offer starting from March 24th which I will be able to get an extension for.

I would like to know what options I have for my future employment in US.

It would be great if I can get the answers for the following questions:

1) Is there any possibility of my OPT getting approved now ? I graduated on Dec 31st - 2013.

2) My F1 Visa expires on May 28th 2017. If I apply to another university for MS starting in Fall or Spring 2015 (not the one I attended) and get an i20 from them, do I need to go for Visa stamping again ?

3) If I start a new MS in Fall 2015 and if I finish my MS in Fall 2016 - say August 2016. I would apply for OPT and start working in say September 2016. Will I get a chance to be on OPT and OPT extension and apply for  H1B status or will I be out of status once My F1 visa expires in May 2017.

4) If I decide to work in India for a couple of years and apply for MBA in US in say Fall 2017. I would need to go for Visa stamping since my visa expires in May 2017. Would my previous MS have any negative effect on visa stamping.

I would appreciate any inputs on the other options I have !

Thanks,

Harsha

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

My OPT was denied on Feb 24th 2014. I am still waiting for my denial letter. I traveled to India recently for my engagement and I am currently in India. I contacted the International student services at my university and they suggested i reapply immediately without any delay. I have submitted a new OPT application today.

I have a job offer starting from March 24th which I will be able to get an extension for.

I would like to know what options I have for my future employment in US.

It would be great if I can get the answers for the following questions:

1) Is there any possibility of my OPT getting approved now ? I graduated on Dec 31st - 2013.

2) My F1 Visa expires on May 28th 2017. If I apply to another university for MS starting in Fall or Spring 2015 (not the one I attended) and get an i20 from them, do I need to go for Visa stamping again ?

3) If I start a new MS in Fall 2015 and if I finish my MS in Fall 2016 - say August 2016. I would apply for OPT and start working in say September 2016. Will I get a chance to be on OPT and OPT extension and apply for  H1B status or will I be out of status once My F1 visa expires in May 2017.

4) If I decide to work in India for a couple of years and apply for MBA in US in say Fall 2017. I would need to go for Visa stamping since my visa expires in May 2017. Would my previous MS have any negative effect on visa stamping.

I would appreciate any inputs on the other options I have !

Thanks,

Harsha

Reason for denial?

1. No one knows.

2. No. 

3. Yes, you will be on F1 status if you get OPT and Ext.

4. No.

Archived