Change of Employer after H1b Amendment is Filed

zephyrrite

Hi All,

My employer had filed for H1b amendment because there was a change is Role. The H1b amendment was filed on 25th Feb 2014.

I have got a really good opportunity to work with other employer. I am worried if my new employer can do the H1b transfer when an amendment has been filed by my current employer.

Please help.

Thanks

Hi All,

My employer had filed for H1b amendment because there was a change is Role. The H1b amendment was filed on 25th Feb 2014.

I have got a really good opportunity to work with other employer. I am worried if my new employer can do the H1b transfer when an amendment has been filed by my current employer.

Please help.

Thanks

Yes, new employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition. Just provide your new employer a copy of your current employer's I797.

Yes, new employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition. Just provide your new employer a copy of your current employer's I797.

Does that mean new employer can still initiate transfer of H1b . Existing Amendment could be withdrawn by the ne employer if needed!

I am a newbie.. do not have much knowledge on all this stuff :(

Does that mean new employer can still initiate transfer of H1b . Existing Amendment could be withdrawn by the ne employer if needed!

I am a newbie.. do not have much knowledge on all this stuff :(

Yes, your H1B amendment does not matter in your situation. As mentioned earlier just provide new employer a copy of your I797 and any other H1B documents.

Archived