H1b Application with client letter mentioning future start date

h1bsnatch

Background:

• This is my second masters and I am currently working on CPT (Part time) for a consulting firm which ends on May 10th 2014.
  • After May 10th I will not be continuing my CPT and will be a full time student on F1 Visa.
  • A consulting firm has agreed to sponsor my H1b.(same one I am currently working for)
  • I have secured a contract job offer in a small oil distribution firm as a Software Engineer.
  • They have given me a client letter with start-date in October 2014 and end date of October 2015 and they have also mentioned the possibility of extension.

My questions:

1. Would it create problem in my petition to have a client letter with employment start-date in future?
  2. Does the industry of end client matter? (I am a software engineer and the company is a oil distribution firm who is in the process of building a team for a creating software application they want for there office)
  3. Except for client letter, what other documents would I need from my client for my petition?

I would really appreciate a quick response on my question because H1b petition date is very close.

Background:

• This is my second masters and I am currently working on CPT (Part time) for a consulting firm which ends on May 10th 2014.
  • After May 10th I will not be continuing my CPT and will be a full time student on F1 Visa.
  • A consulting firm has agreed to sponsor my H1b.(same one I am currently working for)
  • I have secured a contract job offer in a small oil distribution firm as a Software Engineer.
  • They have given me a client letter with start-date in October 2014 and end date of October 2015 and they have also mentioned the possibility of extension.

My questions:

1. Would it create problem in my petition to have a client letter with employment start-date in future?
  2. Does the industry of end client matter? (I am a software engineer and the company is a oil distribution firm who is in the process of building a team for a creating software application they want for there office)
  3. Except for client letter, what other documents would I need from my client for my petition?

I would really appreciate a quick response on my question because H1b petition date is very close.

Double check whether your CPT is legal and an integral part of your curriculum.

1. No issue.

2. As long as your educational qualifications meets the H1B profession requirement you should be fine.

3. Your attorney would advise you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi H1bsnatch,

Could you kindly share the content or format of your client letter? I am in the same boat however my future employer is not sure of the verbiage to use for H1B purpose. Really appreciate your help in advance. I am sure there will be several others who will benefit from your response. Thanks again.

***********@gmail.com

Hi H1bsnatch,

Could you kindly share the content or format of your client letter? I am in the same boat however my future employer is not sure of the verbiage to use for H1B purpose. Really appreciate your help in advance. I am sure there will be several others who will benefit from your response. Thanks again.

***********@gmail.com

Their is no format for client letter, it has to come directly from the client and that's your employer's responsibility. Stay out of it.

Background:

So, you are abusing the F1/CPT.

It is unlikely that you would get an H1, due to this abuse.

You killed your career in the US.

Archived