Tax Exempt Company considered H1B employer?

lenny89

I was just offered a job from a government agency who is tax exempt. I havent started working for them yet but in the future I want the company to file H1B for me. On murthy website, however, an H1B employer is defined as:

An employer is defined as an entity that: (1) engages a person to work within the U.S.; (2) has an employer-employee relationship that allows it to hire, pay, fire, supervise or otherwise control the work performed; AND (3) has an Internal Revenue Service Tax Identification Number.  

I wonder if tax exempt companies have Internal Revenue Service Tax Identification Number? 

I just wanna make sure the company is eligible to file my H1B before accepting the offer.

Thanks very much.

Best,

I was just offered a job from a government agency who is tax exempt. I havent started working for them yet but in the future I want the company to file H1B for me. On murthy website, however, an H1B employer is defined as:

I wonder if tax exempt companies have Internal Revenue Service Tax Identification Number? 

I just wanna make sure the company is eligible to file my H1B before accepting the offer.

Thanks very much.

Best,

They do have a tax identification number because even though they are tax exempt they need to deduct tax from employee's pay roll.

Archived