Question regarding port of entry after H1 B stamping

chikz

HI All,

I recently got my H1 stamped successfully at Mumbai. Mine was complicated case. I had received I-797B and even I had lost my project, but luckily got stamped.

Question is -

which location I should choose while returning as my port of entry?. Should it be my employer location or project location. Project location as per my I-797 is Chicago (which anyways I don't have anymore).

Second thing is my I-797 is in my maiden name and visa stamped is in my married name. would that cause any problem? what is the process for name change in I-797?

I need to book tickets as per.

Thank you for your any advice.

HI All,

I recently got my H1 stamped successfully at Mumbai. Mine was complicated case. I had received I-797B and even I had lost my project, but luckily got stamped.

Question is -

which location I should choose while returning as my port of entry?. Should it be my employer location or project location. Project location as per my I-797 is Chicago (which anyways I don't have anymore).

Second thing is my I-797 is in my maiden name and visa stamped is in my married name. would that cause any problem? what is the process for name change in I-797?

I need to book tickets as per.

Thank you for your any advice.

You can enter US through any POE. But, make sure you have a job with same employer before you think of entering US. As otherwise on verification by immigration officer at POE if it is found untrue you are looking at deportation and a ban to enter US.

Some POEs will check to determine why you are entering through that particular POE and whether it's consistent with yor approved H-1B work location or at least the location on the LCA you are carrying. If you are entering from a POE far from your work location, you may need documentation of the reason for entering at that POE.

A few POEs are difficult on consulting company H-1Bs in general.

It would be a good idea for you to strategize this with a qualified attorney. Murthy Law Firm attorneys have experience with this issue.

You can enter US through any POE. But, make sure you have a job with same employer before you think of entering US. As otherwise on verification by immigration officer at POE if it is found untrue you are looking at deportation and a ban to enter US.

Thanks Jairichi. I am with same employer only client mentioned in I-797 is no more.

Some POEs will check to determine why you are entering through that particular POE and whether it's consistent with yor approved H-1B work location or at least the location on the LCA you are carrying. If you are entering from a POE far from your work location, you may need documentation of the reason for entering at that POE.

A few POEs are difficult on consulting company H-1Bs in general.

It would be a good idea for you to strategize this with a qualified attorney. Murthy Law Firm attorneys have experience with this issue.

Thank you.

In your post you mentioned some POEs are difficult on consulting company- Is it possible to know which ones. I was thinking to enter CA as it is my employer location. As mentioned earlier I don't have project anymore( mentioned on I-797).

Archived