H1 application with Foreign degree

jainishusa

Hello

Hope you all are doing great. I need some information regarding H1b application for this year. I have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science from India.(Three years bachelor) & 1 year MS from accredited University from United states. (MS Degree, which is not eligible for H1b Master's quota as per my Lawyer).

Do i eligible for H1 application? I have employer and they are ready to file my h1 work visa. I will be appreciate your input on this. 

Hello

Hope you all are doing great. I need some information regarding H1b application for this year. I have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science from India.(Three years bachelor) & 1 year MS from accredited University from United states. (MS Degree, which is not eligible for H1b Master's quota as per my Lawyer).

Do i eligible for H1 application? I have employer and they are ready to file my h1 work visa. I will be appreciate your input on this. 

Do an education evaluation with appropriate agency and if eligible then enclose it along with H1B petition.

Hello

For H1, you need to have 4 yrs of bachelor's degree.

Whether you wait for an expert or not your attorney would advise you to get a credential evaluation done to be submitted along with H1B petition.

My attorney is ok, the reason I'm asking here is cuz Initially my attorney said we do not need degree evaluation. He said I've foreign degree transcript so that should be fine. I have a doubt so that is why I'm checking here for experts input. 

My attorney is ok, the reason I'm asking here is cuz Initially my attorney said we do not need degree evaluation. He said I've foreign degree transcript so that should be fine. I have a doubt so that is why I'm checking here for experts input. 

Confusion starts mostly when one has foreign degree transcripts and ends up getting an RFE. That is the main reason to have a credential evaluation done to show its equivalency to US degree.

Get a credential evaluation. Don't try to save money. It won't work. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish.

JoeF, Appreciate your response. 

I am ready to spend $ whatever it takes. Only thing i would like to know is 3 Years of BSC in Computer science (Foreign)+ MS from USA = Regular quota.. does this consider as 4 years equivalent to US bachelor in order to apply h1?

Is this acceptable to apply under the regular quota of h1 application?

I am ready to spend $ whatever it takes. Only thing i would like to know is 3 Years of BSC in Computer science (Foreign)+ MS from USA = Regular quota.. does this consider as 4 years equivalent to US bachelor in order to apply h1?

Once you do your credential evaluation, you will know that. That's what credential evaluation mean...!!!!! 

Archived