Question regarding multiple H1's

chinna502

Hi,
I have a question regarding multiple H1 applications. I am currently working for an employer A and A is ready to file my H1 this April.
I also got an offer from another employer B who is offering me a better salary as well as benefits and is also ready to sponsor me an H1.
Since, it is a lottery system I dont want to take a risk by going with only 1 employer.
My question here is, do I need to inform employer A that employer B is also filing me a H1. I am worried if I say that then employer A might backoff?

Is there any column in the H1b application where we need to provide details saying that another employer is also filing H1 this year?

In case if both the applications are picked..Is there a chance that both are denied since I am filing multiple applications though it is a different client? 

Please help me out.

Thanks.

Since, it is a lottery system I dont want to take a risk by going with only 1 employer.

My question here is, do I need to inform employer A that employer B is also filing me a H1. I am worried if I say that then employer A might backoff?

Filing multiple H1's doesn't increase your chances. So forget about that.

Coming to your Employer, an employer will NOT simply file your H1 without any commitment from yourside. So you might sign an agreement that you will join that company, moreover you can't work for two employer so stick with one .

Having multiple applications does NOT increase your chances. This is not like the Powerball lottery.

Nowadays, having multiple applications triggers RFEs and audits, because no sane employer would file and pay for an H1 petition if the employer doesn't have the reasonable expectation that the person would work there. And the beneficiary paying for the H1 is illegal.

Commit to one employer.

Filing multiple H1's doesn't increase your chances. So forget about that.

Coming to your Employer, an employer will NOT simply file your H1 without any commitment from yourside. So you might sign an agreement that you will join that company, moreover you can't work for two employer so stick with one .

Just to clarify something from what u mentioned Rahul.. (this question is not regarding multiple H1B's)

-- Is there this "agreement" term or policy or document which can restrict an Employee to quit a company on his choice besides he signs any such document in USA? (I'm guessing NO)

--  I guess, this agreement can be a Offer Letter on which both parties sign. If so, then I think there is no Hard rule that - 'I have to go work with that Employer or client even I signed the Offer letter'. It will be m choice until my Day 1 of joining where I actually go IN and start induction process.

My questions today will clarify me from what I heard (might be rumors or fact - but unclear) from different parties..

"my employer wont let me go until 2 years even though I have better choice or option in job/career change" 

"There is no contract thing IN USA between Employee and Employer related to employment"

Thank you..

My questions today will clarify me from what I heard (might be rumors or fact - but unclear) from different parties..

"my employer wont let me go until 2 years even though I have better choice or option in job/career change" 

"There is no contract thing IN USA between Employee and Employer related to employment"

Exactly, I have the same doubt w.r.t employment agreement.

Here in US, employer can fire employee at any time, so employee can(should) leave the employement at ANY TIME. But most of the times, in this forum people say that I can't leave the current employer bcos of the contract. Since I never signed these types of contract I always suggest them to take attorney's advice rather than loosing an good oppurtunity.

Archived