Help needed immediately -------Please

prashanth1988

I am supposed to be graduated this spring 2014 but due to financial crisis could not pay for a course to be registered . I am on OPT got an Offer in **********(mar 3 rd 2014 joining date) . The very eve got a mail stating my sevis is terminated what to do??

Thanks awaiting ur responses greatly appreciated

If your sevis is terminated then you have not status.

How did you got an OPT without graduating?

Your OPT employment authorization is effectively revoked / no longer valid.  One, you did not graduate (receive a degree) and thus are not eligible for OPT employment authorization. Two, your SEVIS has been terminated and thus are not eligible for OPT employment authorization.  Without valid employment authorization you cannot work in the U.S. for any company or in any capacity.  Further, with your SEVIS terminated you are no longer in a valid status in the U.S. and accruing out of status days. 

Your only options are to work with the university / college (administration, registrar, department, financial aid, international students office, etc.) regarding payment and try to get them to reinstate you as a student in good standing.  From there you maybe able to get a new I-20, SEVIS activated, and back on F-1 visa status.  Otherwise, you have to leave the U.S. immediately (so you stop accruing out of status days).

If you try to join the company with the offer you have, then they will quickly find out that your OPT employment authorization is not valid with the I-9 form check, and that will be the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Your OPT employment authorization is effectively revoked / no longer valid.  One, you did not graduate (receive a degree) and thus are not eligible for OPT employment authorization. Two, your SEVIS has been terminated and thus are not eligible for OPT employment authorization.  Without valid employment authorization you cannot work in the U.S. for any company or in any capacity.  Further, with your SEVIS terminated you are no longer in a valid status in the U.S. and accruing out of status days. 

Your only options are to work with the university / college (administration, registrar, department, financial aid, international students office, etc.) regarding payment and try to get them to reinstate you as a student in good standing.  From there you maybe able to get a new I-20, SEVIS activated, and back on F-1 visa status.  Otherwise, you have to leave the U.S. immediately (so you stop accruing out of status days).

If you try to join the company with the offer you have, then they will quickly find out that your OPT employment authorization is not valid with the I-9 form check, and that will be the end.

I second Catx.... You do not have any status as of now, Talk to your university and try to get reinstated... I believe, that this way, you can keep you OPT Card, once you have been reinstated without informing USCIS. But, please talk to your university's DSO immediately....

Archived