B2 - Multiple entry in the same year

madhumithausa

Hi all,

My Mother-In-Law came to the USA on a B2 visa on Feb 20th. She has been given a 6 months stay duration on her I-94 (until Aug 19).
Now we just discovered that my wife is 2 months pregnant. My wife wants her mom to be with her during late pregnancy and child birth that is around October. Now I have the following questions:

1. Can my mother-in-law comeback to the USA on the same year?

2. If she cant come back immediately after staying 6 months, can I send her back to India now, may be in a month (say early April) and book her tickets again after 6 months of her stay in India (early october)? Will this work?

3. If option (2) is chosen, how long can I expect the duration (on I-94) during her second visit?

Any other suggestions so that I can make sure that my MIL can be here in the USA from October until the end of this year.

Thanks in advance.

- Ganesh

Hi all,

My Mother-In-Law came to the USA on a B2 visa on Feb 20th. She has been given a 6 months stay duration on her I-94 (until Aug 19).
Now we just discovered that my wife is 2 months pregnant. My wife wants her mom to be with her during late pregnancy and child birth that is around October. Now I have the following questions:

1. Can my mother-in-law comeback to the USA on the same year?

2. If she cant come back immediately after staying 6 months, can I send her back to India now, may be in a month (say early April) and book her tickets again after 6 months of her stay in India (early october)? Will this work?

3. If option (2) is chosen, how long can I expect the duration (on I-94) during her second visit?

Any other suggestions so that I can make sure that my MIL can be here in the USA from October until the end of this year.

Thanks in advance.

- Ganesh

1. Risky. She can go back now and return at the time of delivery to give your spouse moral support.

2. Yes, this should be fine.

3. No one can predict that.

Now we just discovered that my wife is 2 months pregnant. My wife wants her mom to be with her during late pregnancy and child birth that is around October. Now I have the following questions

She is not Visiting visa,so make sure that she will not BABYSITTING your new born child in Oct. If USCIS comes to know about that then her visa will be revoked immediately. And since this is her second trip, she might get less duration of stay.

You wife NEEDING her mother is doing YOU a grave disservice. As a woman, my husband was always my greatest supporter and resource. After all, he is the father of the children and is as important to them as I am. I enjoyed talking to my mother but would never allow her to take of the care of our child.  My husband was as capable of caring for an infant as I was - and even better when they were ill or could not be gotten to sleep in the middle of the night. He could walk them in a special way and they would be off to dreamland.

Assert yourself! If you are afraid of caring for an infant, the hospital or physicians office will likely have baby care classes; take them.

Archived