Reg:Question on H1b validity

terminator762002

My current H1b status is valid until September 2014. I do not have a stamped visa on my passport.

I am going to India in March for a family function. I am also planning to get my stamping done in Chennai.

I want to apply for an extension (since I am eligible to apply 6 months in advance) and in Premium processing.

Can I leave the country on my old H1b status before the extension application is filed with USCIS.

if my extension through premium processing  is successful, can I get my new H1b stamped in India.

Would this cause any issues during stamping or at the PoE.

I would really appreciate your inputs in this regard.

My current H1b status is valid until September 2014. I do not have a stamped visa on my passport.

I am going to India in March for a family function. I am also planning to get my stamping done in Chennai.

I want to apply for an extension (since I am eligible to apply 6 months in advance) and in Premium processing.

Can I leave the country on my old H1b status before the extension application is filed with USCIS.

if my extension through premium processing  is successful, can I get my new H1b stamped in India.

Would this cause any issues during stamping or at the PoE.

I would really appreciate your inputs in this regard.

Yes, you can travel when H1B extension is being processed by USCIS and on approval you can go for H1B visa stamping. Show both your I797s to VO.

Archived