For profit univ CAP exempt question

deepak.kumars.1988

Hi all,

I have got my h1 approved in 2011 November , I have a masters from for profit and non accredited university, without proper knowledge my employer applied in masters CAP exempt for that year but I got an RFE about my qualification that my masters is from non accredited college and cannot be used for my job so I had to provide my bachelors degree to prove my eligibility. So is my h1 approved in masters quota or regular quota how can I know about? The regular quota was still open when I have got my approval. Do they automatically move to regular quota as I had RFE about accreditation. plz suggest me so that I can take necessary steps.

Hi all,

I have got my h1 approved in 2011 November , I have a masters from for profit and non accredited university, without proper knowledge my employer applied in masters CAP exempt for that year but I got an RFE about my qualification that my masters is from non accredited college and cannot be used for my job so I had to provide my bachelors degree to prove my eligibility. So is my h1 approved in masters quota or regular quota how can I know about? The regular quota was still open when I have got my approval. Do they automatically move to regular quota as I had RFE about accreditation. plz suggest me so that I can take necessary steps.

I believe you should be fine as your H1B was approved under regular quota using your bachelor's degree. Talk to an immigration attorney.

Hi all,

I think your should master's quota application.

Hi Rahul

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way we can find which quota it was approved in ?

As I had RFE about accreditation and I have submitted my bachelors u think still it was approved in masters quota?

Just because the regular quota was open at the time RFE was responded with your bachelor's degree credentials and later approved it should be fine.

Archived