Validate credentials of employer

andiamo

Hi all,

I am seeking H-1b sponsorship  for 'Apr '14 and am in the process of finalizing on a couple of employers who have agreed to file my petition.

I am quite confused at this time on deciding who to go along with. Am using Myvisajobs and VisaSquare as

channels through which I can track their credentials.

Could someone please advise on alternate means by which I can gather this information to help make an informed decision ?

Thanks

Hi all,

I am seeking H-1b sponsorship  for 'Apr '14 and am in the process of finalizing on a couple of employers who have agreed to file my petition.

I am quite confused at this time on deciding who to go along with. Am using Myvisajobs and VisaSquare as

Could someone please advise on alternate means by which I can gather this information to help make an informed decision ?

Thanks

Credentails doesn't depend on how many visas they filed??

Hi all,

Thanks

Are they real companies or some consulting companies?

Real companies have products, you can check the reputation of their products.

Avoid consulting companies, in particular shady ones who want money for an H1. You would lose your money and not get an H1 on top of it.

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses.

They are indeed consulting firms and have established clients where they intend me to contract me.

I have had client interviews over the last few days and they also have agreed to cover the cost of sponsorship.

I am just confused which of these to consider and was hoping to have some place like Glassdoor where I could get to read some reviews about them.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Appreciate all your help on this !

If number of visas filed is not a credible indicator for determining a suitable sponsor, on what merits does one make this decision based on ?

Yes, going through the company website, getting to know the management team are a few markers....but I also get a feeling that a lot depends on the attorney filing the petition.

Also, even though a firm might get a lot of LCAs approved, the actual number of petitions that get filed and approved is a much smaller subset.

Its a make or break with this one firm we generally decide to move forward with and trying to make sure I have all the due diligence done to move forward.

Thanks

Archived