File H1B and leave the country for a short while

chugh.aparna

Hi,

I am currently on J1 visa and wish to file for  H1B this year through a consultant. My question is that my J1 expires in July and by then I wouldn't have H1B, so in this case I anyhow have to leave US. Once I have my H1B after a couple of months, can I re enter US on that visa? Would a change in my I94 have any impact on the visa? Because, if there isn't any impact then I would wish to file for my H1B this March, go back to India in July and come back in Oct/Nov. Would it ok for me to do so? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

I am currently on J1 visa and wish to file for  H1B this year through a consultant. My question is that my J1 expires in July and by then I wouldn't have H1B, so in this case I anyhow have to leave US. Once I have my H1B after a couple of months, can I re enter US on that visa? Would a change in my I94 have any impact on the visa? Because, if there isn't any impact then I would wish to file for my H1B this March, go back to India in July and come back in Oct/Nov. Would it ok for me to do so? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks

H1B can be filed by an employer in April and not March. On approval you can start working only from 1st Oct. You can enter on H1B visa 10 days before H1B start date.

Make sure that you are not subject to 2 years HRR.

Archived