Reg H1 extension

AbhayCharan

I'm currently in India...My H1 is going to expire on sep 30, 2014...I had travelled to US previously and my I-94 is till sep 30, 2014...

My employer has told me that he is planning to send me to US in July or early August.

Please let me know...Can I apply for extension after reaching US in august? and do I need to get it stamped or just extension approval would suffice? and one more doubt....when the extension is being processed and in the meanwhile If my H1B expires can I continue staying in US?

I'm currently in India...My H1 is going to expire on sep 30, 2014...I had travelled to US previously and my I-94 is till sep 30, 2014...

My employer has told me that he is planning to send me to US in July or early August.

Please let me know...Can I apply for extension after reaching US in august? and do I need to get it stamped or just extension approval would suffice? and one more doubt....when the extension is being processed and in the meanwhile If my H1B expires can I continue staying in US?

As long as petition is valid employer can file for extension. There is no need for stamping if extension is approved with an I94 attached to I797. You can continue to stay in US till a decision is made by USCIS on your extension petition.

You dont have to worry about I94, once you leave US, it is not valid, if your H1b is valid and have stamping with the same employer, you are good to come here. You dont need stamping to be done to be in US, If you applied for H1 extension and it is approved, you can still stay. But, if you leave US, you have to get your passport stamped again to enter US. 

Archived