Filing more than one H1B

anbt

Thank you all for your wonderful contributions.I have below questions. Please help me out.

1-> Is it perfectly legal to file more than one H1B while you are at US on L1?  Reason for asking this is I received an offer from a company which state that "you should not file H1 with other employer which makes it illegal and may need to pay for all legal expense if found later".

2-> What will happen if 2 H1 are approved while in US and How do we select one H1 and work for them? Do we need to travel to India and comeback in that case?

Regards

Abie

1-> Is it perfectly legal to file more than one H1B while you are at US on L1?  Reason for asking this is I received an offer from a company which state that "you should not file H1 with other employer which makes it illegal and may need to pay for all legal expense if found later".

2-> What will happen if 2 H1 are approved while in US and How do we select one H1 and work for them? Do we need to travel to India and comeback in that case?

1. The reason for that is your employer doesn't want you to find anther employment since he is filing your H1 and doesn't want to loose you after filing the H1.

2. Nothing, but just stick to one employer as you can't work for multiple employers.

Archived