Travel to India via London - Transit visa question.

guts_19202002

Hi,

I am planning to travel from USA to India via London in March 2014.. I have a valid H1-B stamp expiring Jan 2015. From what I understand I can transit via London since I have a valid US visa. But the stamped valid H1-B visa is with my previous employer and 6 months ago I changed my employer. I do have the I797 with my new employer along with the valid US visa.

Can someone just confirm that it doesnt matter if the stamped visa is from your previous employer and at London they just check the dates of expiration?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi,

I am planning to travel from USA to India via London in March 2014.. I have a valid H1-B stamp expiring Jan 2015. From what I understand I can transit via London since I have a valid US visa. But the stamped valid H1-B visa is with my previous employer and 6 months ago I changed my employer. I do have the I797 with my new employer along with the valid US visa.

Can someone just confirm that it doesnt matter if the stamped visa is from your previous employer and at London they just check the dates of expiration?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks.

As long as any of your US visa is valid you can transit via London without the need of a transit visa.

• 5 months later...

Archived