Will my employer really file a H1b for me?

sureshv120

Hello All,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone on this forum for their great inputs. I have one question. I am currently on a L2 EAD. I got a Job in Company A, but this company asked me to enter into the company via a Company B due to labor policies at Company A. So I joined a company B and work for client Company A. Have been working for 2 months now. Company B mentioned that they will apply for my H1-B this year. However when I go to the Department of Labor site I dont find that they have ever filed for a H1b. Or perhaps I am looking at the wrong place. In any case, my question is, how do I make sure that Company B has really filed a H1b for me. Because come April they might say that yes,we applied for you, but it did not get selected in lottery...

Hello All,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone on this forum for their great inputs. I have one question. I am currently on a L2 EAD. I got a Job in Company A, but this company asked me to enter into the company via a Company B due to labor policies at Company A. So I joined a company B and work for client Company A. Have been working for 2 months now. Company B mentioned that they will apply for my H1-B this year. However when I go to the Department of Labor site I dont find that they have ever filed for a H1b. Or perhaps I am looking at the wrong place. In any case, my question is, how do I make sure that Company B has really filed a H1b for me. Because come April they might say that yes,we applied for you, but it did not get selected in lottery...

Either you trust employer or find a new one.

Well that is the irony. Who do I trust and who not to. Everyone makes promises...I am only working there because Company A does not want to handle all the labor related stuff. No other reason. Anyway. I was wondering if there was anyway that I could make sure that the H1b was filed.

One other question. Say I apply for job interviews and get a job in a trusted company C, and they are willing to sponsor H1b. In case both petitions from Company B and C ger approved, then how does the COS take place. Is the h1b filed via Company B valid or Company C valid? Do I get to choose?

PS: Thanks JoeF for your valuable contributions.

This "company A suggested going through company B" is already a big red flag.

Company A obviously doesn't value you enough to file an H1 for you, and company B is just another shady consulting company, which obviously has some kind of kickback scheme with some people at company A. No real company would say "we don't do x, but go through company b"...

Find another employer.

This "company A suggested going through company B" is already a big red flag.

Company A obviously doesn't value you enough to file an H1 for you, and company B is just another shady consulting company, which obviously has some kind of kickback scheme with some people at company A. No real company would say "we don't do x, but go through company b"...

Find another employer.

People new to H1 cannot understand his stuff every easliy, it takes time to get it. But that was a very good explanation.

Company A happens to be a Fortune 100 company. They did not suggest Company B. It's just that they don't want to take the headache of labor related stuff. You are correct though Company B might be a shady company...Not sure...That's where the trust part comes in.  Company A does value me a lot, but like I said they don't take permanent employees. Sad but true.

Any though on the second part of the question " Say I apply for job interviews and get a job in a trusted company C, and they are willing to sponsor H1b. In case both petitions from Company B and C ger approved, then how does the COS take place. Is the h1b filed via Company B valid or Company C valid? Do I get to choose?"

Archived