H1-B Transfer Lost Original degree docs-Urgent

HI All-

I am working for an employer A. Now i got an offer from EMployer B who wishes to file the transfer in premium mode.

I have a valid I94 with Employer A till Sep 2015. The problem is I lost my original degree documents(B.E, +2 and 10th) and Employer A earlier applied with the original docs and the extension is approved and got till Sep 2015.

I applied for duplicate certificates from the universities in lieu of lost originals and got the duplictes issued from them. 

Now Employer B asks me to send the educational documents. I have the educational verificatoin from EMployer A with the original docs. I doubt if the new employer trusts that educational verification doc.

If i send new employer the duplicate docs, I am concerned on how the H1-B officials take this issue as earlier the petitions were approved with all the original docs and now if they see these duplicate docs what are the consequences i will facing?

Has any one gone through these before and please help me as i am in a lots of pressure whether to accept the ofer or not.

HI All-

I am working for an employer A. Now i got an offer from EMployer B who wishes to file the transfer in premium mode.

I have a valid I94 with Employer A till Sep 2015. The problem is I lost my original degree documents(B.E, +2 and 10th) and Employer A earlier applied with the original docs and the extension is approved and got till Sep 2015.

I applied for duplicate certificates from the universities in lieu of lost originals and got the duplictes issued from them. 

Now Employer B asks me to send the educational documents. I have the educational verificatoin from EMployer A with the original docs. I doubt if the new employer trusts that educational verification doc.

If i send new employer the duplicate docs, I am concerned on how the H1-B officials take this issue as earlier the petitions were approved with all the original docs and now if they see these duplicate docs what are the consequences i will facing?

Has any one gone through these before and please help me as i am in a lots of pressure whether to accept the ofer or not.

There is no need for you to send original documents to employer or attorney for H1B filing.

Hi Jairichi,

My question is not sending the original docs....

My earlier petition was approved when I have the original degree docs with me and my educational evaluation was done based on those certificates.

Now, I lost those originals and I got the duplicates issued for those....

So, when I sent the photocopies of the duplicate certificates(in lieu of lost originals), how will USCIS respond as earlier when they approved it was all originals right?

Hi Jairichi,

My question is not sending the original docs....

My earlier petition was approved when I have the original degree docs with me and my educational evaluation was done based on those certificates.

Now, I lost those originals and I got the duplicates issued for those....

So, when I sent the photocopies of the duplicate certificates(in lieu of lost originals), how will USCIS respond as earlier when they approved it was all originals right?

As long as they are duplicate certificates issued by competent authorities I do not see any issue.

Archived