H1B Transfer : How many company can hold my H1B at a given time?

mshahid17

Hi,

I was working for a company A and 4-5 weeks back I changed to company B (who transfer my H1B). During the same time, I also got offer from Company C and they also applied my H1B transfer. It got approved as well.

Now I have couple of questions on this situation:

1.  In which time frame, I have join C? Is it ok, If I delayed it by couple of more months?
  2. What If I don't join company C? I believe there will be any negative impact.
  3. Can company C withdraw my H1B?
  4. If I continue with B and in future If I got offer from company D, can they file my H1B transfer?
  5. How many company can hold my H1B at a given time?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hi,

I was working for a company A and 4-5 weeks back I changed to company B (who transfer my H1B). During the same time, I also got offer from Company C and they also applied my H1B transfer. It got approved as well.

Now I have couple of questions on this situation:

1.  In which time frame, I have join C? Is it ok, If I delayed it by couple of more months?
  2. What If I don't join company C? I believe there will be any negative impact.
  3. Can company C withdraw my H1B?
  4. If I continue with B and in future If I got offer from company D, can they file my H1B transfer?
  5. How many company can hold my H1B at a given time?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

1. Yes, after approval of C's H1B petition. You can join anytime as long as C does not revoke H1B petition.

2. No impact. But, check your contract whether C can sue you for damages for not joining them.

3. Yes.

4. Yes, as long as you have not used the max of 6 years allowed on h1B.

5. One. All others have to revoke if you do not join them.

Archived